SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#123469 - 01/31/07 09:45 AM Re: (OT) Music Pad Pro update
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I've researched it from time to time. Those are called tablet p.c.'s and are exactly what I had in mind to use due to the high cost of the MP Pro. Since I need a new laptop anyway, it would serve more than one purpose. Only reason I haven't done it is budget. Like, lack of. It's pretty high on my list.

------------------
Bill
smallGig.com
:::
As a songwriter, I need feedback on songs posted! Thanks!

#123470 - 01/31/07 09:51 AM Re: (OT) Music Pad Pro update
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
Good idea using a tablet PC for charts, lyrics, etc.... thought about it myself except.....

You have to use the stylus on all the ones I've ever seen. They don't respond to just finger touch, which means you would have to keep the stylus handy and pick it up to do anything on the screen, dang near impossible while you are playing.

Just a thought.... Think I'll consider an older version through Music 123.... juat need to talk to the boss and see what she says ......

Jeff

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

#123471 - 01/31/07 10:22 AM Re: (OT) Music Pad Pro update
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Would a wireless mouse work on a tablet p.c.? That's what I use now.
DonM

#123472 - 01/31/07 10:33 AM Re: (OT) Music Pad Pro update
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
People,

My shipment came in, and I have a demo unit with the premium loaded so as soon as I figure this stuff out, I'll let you know.

Also I have one left, anyone interested let me know, I'll take care of you.

#123473 - 01/31/07 10:48 AM Re: (OT) Music Pad Pro update
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
In reply to the tablet PC idea - I followed that idea through before buying an MPP. The main question became - what format do you use? Short of writing software I couldn't find anything that would give me the page-turning touch interface of the MPP. Also the dedicated editing features of the MPP software makes it very convenient for sheet music... nothing else would allow you to erase and replace music notes without erasing the staff lines like the MPP can. However, now that I HAVE the MPP software, it might be more feasible to move to a touchpad computer in the future and ebay the MPP away.

Thanks for your help frankieve... I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

#123474 - 01/31/07 10:50 AM Re: (OT) Music Pad Pro update
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
Jim-

What are you using for a digital piano? What do you use for an arranger?

Just curious...

Piano: Kawai ES4 (pictured above)

Arranger: (2) Yamaha 9000 Pro's.

I don't use the piano and the arrangers together but as separate rigs. I use an 88-note graded hammer controller with the 9000 Pro's.

#123475 - 01/31/07 12:46 PM Re: (OT) Music Pad Pro update
korg4god Offline

Good idea using a tablet PC for charts, lyrics, etc.... thought about it myself except.....

You have to use the stylus on all the ones I've ever seen. They don't respond to just finger touch, which means you would have to keep the stylus handy and pick it up to do anything on the screen, dang near impossible while you are playing.

Just a thought.... Think I'll consider an older version through Music 123.... juat need to talk to the boss and see what she says ......

Jeff

Forte Music School

#123476 - 01/31/07 01:18 PM Re: (OT) Music Pad Pro update
JimP Offline

Loc: Richfield, Ohio USA
I purchased a Music Pad Pro two months ago.
I put a lot of time into scanning the music but it is well worth the effort.

When I play at home, all of the music I play is in the MPP. In the past, my music was in many different binders and fake books.

I used the MPP at a one hour concert I performed on the accordion. I sat on a high stool when I was playing. The music pad pro was on a stand in front me
(at a lower hight with the screen tiltd up).
I had all the songs in a playlist and turned the pages with the foot switch.
When you are playing the accordion, it is very disruptive to turn pages. The MPP was terrific.

I have played a few ten minute piano preludes before a church service. I usually put together a medley of four or five songs. With the MPP, I set up a playlist and just tap the screen to move to the next song or page. When I am playing a medley, the MPP is so much better than a binder with pages to turn.

So far, I am extremely happy with the MPP and would recomend it to anyone. I have not used the Mp3 player, so those problems have not affected me.

#123477 - 02/01/07 03:21 AM Re: (OT) Music Pad Pro update
Dnj Offline

#123478 - 02/01/07 05:18 AM Re: (OT) Music Pad Pro update
korg4god Offline

The boss said go ahead so I wasted no time... went online last night to music 123 and using my paypal account, ordered the MPP 3.0 version.

It said free shipping so I imagine it will be a few days before I actually get it.

Looking forward to getting it....I'll post a report on how things go once I get it.

P.s. thanks to whoever posted the music 123 information. With the money I saved on the MPP I can start saving quicker towards my next keyboard purchase... I'm thinking......s900 ?

Jeff

Forte Music School

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online