Well, the first week of gigs with the MPP has come and gone and all I can say is..

WOW!!!

Really, I had zero problems with it on all my gigs last week. Obviously, preparation is critical, but I guess I had my ducks in a row and it was just a breeze. No more music stand, pit lights, over-stuffed folder of music to mess with, no large crate of music on the stage next to me...

At both club dates this weekend, members of the audience actually asked to come up on stage to check it out while I was playing. The client on Saturday couldn't believe that ALL my music was already scanned into the unit and in order. He also told everyone about it during his announcements on break, lol...The older folks thought it ingenious that I could turn pages by just touching the MPP screen.

My typical routine is (on the Tyros 2, that is) as I approach the end of a song, I've already pulled up the next one, but not engaged it. So, first song ends...Touch the MPP once and it's ready...I hit two buttons on the T2 and it's ready...That's it...It takes about 3 seconds to get into the next tune.

Even my sax player who usually rejects anything made after 1950 commented how slick this was and how easy it made my job. That's huge, because in almost ten years of working with him, he NEVER has anything nice to say to anyone about anything, lol...

How much better can this get? Again, this is a closeout model, with an updated software download that I paid $399.00

Talk about a piece of equipment intelligently designed with the working musician in mind...

IMO, Freehand nailed it!

Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 01-29-2007).]