SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#122446 - 01/19/04 11:25 AM who would win in a fight, Tyros or Pax1pro?
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
here are my love and hates of Tyros,

Love the instant access to midi file playback,
hate the 250 limit a folder
love the easy layout
hate the wimpy playback soundset
hate the harmonizer
love hate the styles
love the polyphony,

can anyone compare to the korg?

#122447 - 01/19/04 11:31 AM Re: who would win in a fight, Tyros or Pax1pro?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
key sizeeeeeeeeeeeee.......
(or the LACK thereof)

#122448 - 01/19/04 11:44 AM Re: who would win in a fight, Tyros or Pax1pro?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Frank, you should check out the new GEM Genyses Pro. It may be the best of all, and YOU can afford it!
DonM

#122449 - 01/19/04 12:27 PM Re: who would win in a fight, Tyros or Pax1pro?
Artaher Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Well, our world is an accelerated world, we live in a world when old things (old persons too) are disliked. In keyboard business, a kb from 2002 is old...

In this sense, Tyros will belong to the past soon. Now, the present-future is new Gem, new PAIX and, if it finally arrives, new 2004 Roland. And, afterwards, a new Tyros pro will make all these kbs old ones.

And users will buy these new kbs.
Perhaps users should fight against it, but... When someone realizes it, when someone sits down to rest, he will be an old man already. A few later, he will die. But the world will continue rotating...

So, it is better do not think about. It is better to buy keyboards.

#122450 - 01/19/04 12:29 PM Re: who would win in a fight, Tyros or Pax1pro?
frankieve Offline

deep....,

I think I might be selling my Tyros for a Korg, or a Roland if I can wait

#122451 - 01/19/04 02:01 PM Re: who would win in a fight, Tyros or Pax1pro?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Tyro's over Korg . No question in my mind.

#122452 - 01/19/04 03:20 PM Re: who would win in a fight, Tyros or Pax1pro?
Dnj Offline

Is a Tyros or a Pax1 gonna make you play any better? Think about it? Hmmmm?

#122453 - 01/19/04 05:05 PM Re: who would win in a fight, Tyros or Pax1pro?
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
I say the new Roland will knock both these boards down

#122454 - 01/19/04 07:55 PM Re: who would win in a fight, Tyros or Pax1pro?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Donny hit it right on the head. This, friends, is coming from a Pro who makes his living with his music and his tools. The mnanufacturers throw some goodies at us as each upgrade occurs, but I can make music the same whether it be with the PA80 / PA1x, or the PSR9000 or Tyros..etc etc. Fran can still make good music on his "aged" G1000, Boo on the ancient I30, Denny is still enjoying his suddenly "antiquated" 9000 pro ....etc etc.

I see guys in bands that still use M-1s, Trinity's, old analog synths, etc that can play the heck out of them and make them sound good. Then there are guys out there with the latest Triton's, Motif's etc that can't.

Think about it. The new Roland whateveritmaybe, even if it is "better", won't make you a better player rolandfan. I don't mean that to be disrespectful or harsh towards you, but it is a reality. Buying a Korg isn't gonna make me play better than having a Roland or a Yamaha. Oh yes, I can add some new tricks / sounds to the bag, but the bottom line is, my performance will live and die by virtue of my own two hands, no matter which tools I choose.

The kb manufacturers want us to buy the latest offering, and falling in line with that they don't support the previous board after a new model comes out. This was a hard and cold reality I discovered once my "buggy" Korg M1 was replaced by the next model. Support was pretty good before that, and then after the new model came out, Korg acted almost as if they never heard of an M1.

We worry about chips and upgradability, but really, why should we ? The 9000 pro is upgradeable, but is it really ? It's no longer supported. Neither is the PA80. I guess to a point those with flash rom are, but usually upgrades seem to be focused primarily on fixing bugs, except in the case of the PA80, where upgrades were used to introduce basic features that the board should hacve had when it was first released.

You have to accept this when you buy the next board, so you better be happy with whatever it is when you get it, knowing that in a couple of years it will be ancient history. This is somewhat unique vs other instrumnents. A good guitar doesn't go "out of style" ( ok it might if it isn't well kept and the neck warps or something.. but you get my point ). A good drum set is still a good drumset years later, ditto a good sax..etc etc. Kinda makes me wonder why I didn't stick to being a drummer..lol

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 01-19-2004).]

#122455 - 01/20/04 04:05 AM Re: who would win in a fight, Tyros or Pax1pro?
frankieve Offline

I completely agree, getting a new keyboard will not make you play better...,

But not to be rude, at one time or another, se will buy new. some people like to do this before the keyboard they bought is worth next to nothing, just like a car.

Don't forget about poor Dan and George with thier stores, they would be broke, and all the forums would have nothing to write about,

this is what make the economy go round, I have a retail store and if people bought one thing and never upgraded, there would be no reason for companies to make new stuff or upgrade, or what about ebay.

I know I can't play but the better the keyboard the less you can tell

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online