SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#122466 - 01/21/04 11:00 AM Re: who would win in a fight, Tyros or Pax1pro?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Terry,

Not taking into account that I think I've advanced my skills over time, what comes out of the gear I have today sounds a lot better than what came out of what I had even a few years ago. 5 years ago I had a Korg M1 and a PSR530. Today I have the Motif ES, PA80, and several soft synths and workstations. No competition there.

I never replied to the original question of this topic, and instead helped to push it in a whole other direction. I don't know the answer, because I haven't seen or tried a PA1x to this point.

I know I like the Tyros. I also know that I preferred the PA80 vs Yamaha for the content of the styles, but not the way the fills integrated with them. Sounds are a tossup, depnding on what instrument we're looking at.

I like using a lot of synth sounds, and for me the PA80 was the clear winner here. I would expect the same and hopefully even better with the PA1x.

While neither sounds or works exactly like a vintage synth, I prefer the PA80 even over the Motif on many of the classic synth sound emulations. Editing capabilties are very deep on the PA80, however editing itself is much easier to do on the Motif / Yamaha arrangers. None of the arrangers have any real time knobs or sliders to control and warp sounds with though.

My priorities are different than a lot of other folks are. I doubt that the majority those who use their arrangers as their tool of choice for a live performance act care very much if at all about synth sounds and editing capabilities. We all have different wants / needs. This is just one of the reasons why I gotta try something before I buy it.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 01-21-2004).]

#122467 - 01/21/04 11:27 AM Re: who would win in a fight, Tyros or Pax1pro?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Please make KB's BLACK again!!!

Shoe Polish.

#122468 - 01/21/04 11:50 AM Re: who would win in a fight, Tyros or Pax1pro?
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
lol

#122469 - 01/21/04 11:53 AM Re: who would win in a fight, Tyros or Pax1pro?
Dnj Offline

Im serious I hate these new colors it looks so UN-Professional on stage IMO !

#122470 - 01/21/04 12:02 PM Re: who would win in a fight, Tyros or Pax1pro?
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
You guys got me thinking, do you think the Beatles would have been as impressive as they were for thier time if they had the equipment of today?

#122471 - 01/21/04 09:57 PM Re: who would win in a fight, Tyros or Pax1pro?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Well some of them are still around, and I don't think they approach the raw energy and fun they projected back then. Of course they were young then too . . .
DonM

#122472 - 01/22/04 06:27 AM Re: who would win in a fight, Tyros or Pax1pro?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The Beatles had the best there was available at the time, and there is no question that they would be successful with any gear. The writing and the performance propelled them to the top, as there were very few gimics available back then. The fab four were for real.

Go back to the big band days and re-record the swing bands with modern digital gear and there would be a difference, but giving Paul a better bass would not have turned any more heads. It was what they DID with the gear that made the world crazy about their sound. It was the perfect blend of audio and visual excitement that we needed....especially here in the states. We had just lost our predsident and we needed cheering up in a BIG way. When the mop tops stepped off the plane 40 years ago (last week!) the music world changed forever.

#122473 - 01/22/04 06:48 AM Re: who would win in a fight, Tyros or Pax1pro?
Dnj Offline

Its a shame the kids today have to ask...

The Beatles?

#122474 - 01/22/04 11:48 PM Re: who would win in a fight, Tyros or Pax1pro?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
When the mop tops stepped off the plane 40 years ago (last week!) the music world changed forever.

Too bad nobody in Shea Stadium could understand what they were singing. Their Sound Stage was one of the worst experiences not only for them but the audience that tried to make out the Lyrics they were singing and the music they were playing. There was way too much screaming and noise, etc. in the stadium to hear much of anything else. Although the Beatles had a big impact on music the Group itself was rather short lived. And their success with solo careers never reached no where near their popularity as a Group. I guess the infighting took its toll as it does with many Groups and they disband because of it. Two are gone, one lost his wife a while back and Ringo has dropped out of sight as far as I can tell. Sad to say the least.

Best regards,
Mike

#122475 - 01/23/04 05:36 AM Re: who would win in a fight, Tyros or Pax1pro?
Dnj Offline

But their music lives on forever!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online