SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#119221 - 12/21/03 02:01 PM GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
WEll I would like to share with you my expirience with GENESYS.
I bought the geneysy without even seeing it cause I knew it was going to be a much better Keyboard than the WK4. So I bought 6 for myself and my friends, well I was pleased with the Keyboard it had what I was aiming for, but the first disapointment came when I found out that instead of 2GB hard disk I found it had 1.3GB hard disk...wowww couldin't believe myself.
So I contacted MR Marabella, this the the General Music Rapresentative and I told him about this matter. Man you know what the answear was??? nothing like the empty space. that's not all I am a guy that was telling him with a lot of faults there was and still is in the GENESYS.

So then I asked him to send me the new OS upgrade and guess what....no answear and no OS that is what I call customer care. and all this because I asked him why my keyboard was shiped with a 1.3GB instead of the 2GB. so now I have a keyboard outdated. I am saying this because I feel like I am bieng robed of my rights for no good reason.

So now I am certain that from now on the next keyboards surely wan't be GENERAL MUSIC not because they are not good but because the mother company is not Serious at all. We spend all that money on these top of the range keyboards to end up not able to upgrade the os which as you all know in the first few years they have a lot of problems. I would like your comments about this please.

I take this opportunety to wish you and all your families at Synth zone all the best for Christmass and New year

Tony.

[This message has been edited by ziggy (edited 12-22-2003).]

#119222 - 12/21/03 02:23 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Tony, I'm really disappointed to hear about the poor customer service you're receiving from General Music Italy, especially realizing what a longtime loyal customer you've been with them. I hope PaulD (Synthzone member & US GEM keyboard rep):
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/ubbmisc.cgi?action=getbio&UserName=PaulD

reads this thread and can provide assistance for you. In the meantime, hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2004. - Scott

PS: Hope you're still enjoying your Digitech Workstation Harmonizer.

#119223 - 12/21/03 02:53 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy:
these ITALIANS don't know the meaning of CUSTOMER CARE.

I think it's important to point out that though GEM Italy may not "know the meaning of CUSTOMER CARE", that other Italian keyboard companies (like Ketron) 'do', as evidenced by Mr. Sandro Fontanella, who both listened & then responded by implementing my request of adding rootless jazz chord voicing recognition to their SD1 keyboard. That to me is CUSTOMER CARE at the highest level, and I wasn't (and still not) a Ketron customer. Even so, I think Ketron benefits highly from the addition of this feature. I continue to respect Ketron Italy and will always keep them in mind when making a future keyboard purchase. - Scott

#119224 - 12/21/03 04:27 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
Ziggy,

I am sorry that you didn't get satisfactory response from Italy. I am not sure why that is, as I have never had anyone that I know of have these sorts of problems. If you would, send me an email, and I will personally make sure you get your issues resolved. I am not allowed to send you an OS update, if your instrument didn't come from the US, but I certainly can make sure you get one, and get the service that you should get. Again, I apologize for the mishandling of your requests, and I am sure there is a break down in communication somewhere. I promise that I will get to the bottom of this for you.

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#119225 - 12/21/03 05:06 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I think it's important to point out that though GEM Italy may not "know the meaning of CUSTOMER CARE", that other Italian keyboard companies (like Ketron) 'do', as evidenced by Mr. Sandro Fontanella, who both listened & then responded by implementing my request of adding rootless jazz chord voicing recognition to their SD1 keyboard. That to me is CUSTOMER CARE at the highest level, and I wasn't (and still not) a Ketron customer. Even so, I think Ketron benefits highly from the addition of this feature. I continue to respect Ketron Italy and will always keep them in mind when making a future keyboard purchase. - Scott

Fugghedaboudit !!!

( Yes there IS a vowel at the end of my name... can you guess why ? lol )

AJ

#119226 - 12/21/03 05:33 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi tony

I'm really sorry for what happen with you...
It's really strange, I know really well a lot of guys of GEM Italy, the boss is my good friend too, but I never had hear so one problem. Beliveme, they are really serious guys....maybe they don't had saw the code of the hard disk...sometime in production may happen.
Try to contact they again, sure you get a reply and a good CARE ASSISTANCE.

About your OS that you need....if you get problem for have a Genesys OS, go direct to my friend Enrice web page: http://www.enricofalcone.de/
there you will find the LAST one OS for Genesys.

About Paul, Generalmusic USA...why you are NOT allowed to send a new OS for your client??
Com on! Are you joking?
Remember that GEM, like all the other company, made PROPIETARY OS in binary file, it mean: ONLY the own keyboard can LOADING this binary OS!In this way, the all genesys can ONLY load your specific OS binary file.

It NOT possible that another keyoard may try to load it why is NOT compatible.
With Binary OS file, is not possible editing or some other stuff.
Anyway, remember that every GEM keyb are born in Generalmusic Italy factory and the OS binary file too.So...IF you buy a GEM here or there...where is the difference of the OS??

Look at me, I buildin keyboards too, with LINUX OS and all people there can copy, editing, updating how they like and want...
Honest? I really don't care...why sure they will to working into my keyboard and then I get back all this software application too...

cheers
Domenik

#119227 - 12/21/03 05:52 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
PaulD Offline

The O.S. could be different, depending on the country of origin. It shouldn't be an issue for him to get a copy of the O.S., which belongs in his instrument, as soon as he emails me, I will make sure that they send him the appropriate version of the O.S.

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#119228 - 12/21/03 08:48 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Dooh!

That's not a Homer Simpson dooh...That's a Spanky and the Little Rascals' dooh when they saw saw a pretty girl.

mike

#119229 - 12/21/03 08:54 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Scottyee Offline

General Music definitely knows 'what' sells Now where's the keyboard in that shot?

#119230 - 12/21/03 11:23 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Under the left one.

#119231 - 12/21/03 11:46 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Scottyee Offline

Ahhh, found it now.

hmmm. . . the new Genesys Pro's appearance certainly reminds me a lot of the Tyros. Not only that but this goes to show you that keyboard manufacters like to designate their speaker-less arranger models as their PRO model. If only the Tyros didn't offer the Tyros add on speaker option, it too might have garnered the PRO title as well. - Scott

#119232 - 12/22/03 12:19 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Well thank you guys for your support.
Paul thanks for reply too it was very much appreciated, The only person that knows me a bit in this forum is Scottyee because I bought a Digitech from him and he knows how I trust people that is sending him money without even knowing him...that he can tell himself.
Paul I have wrote to Mr Marebella 3 times in a polite way and still he never answeard me. I assure you all it wasn't a mistake that they sell the Keyboard with a 1.3GB instead of 2GB they must have had a SURPLUS of 1.3GB because they where used in WK8 so the first lot came out with a 1.3GB, which is not fair to us who both the first keyboards. I had good relation before I found out about the hard disk and Mr Marabella did send me an update, and then when I asked him about the Hard Disk that was the end of him replying me, now mind you when he send an upgrade to me I share it with 15 others who have them.

That is not way to treat genuine customesr who had General Music keyboards for the past 12 years.
I personaly was promissed before the Keyboard came out that we could make an upgrade so to install 10GB in a very short time!!!! up to the moment we Genesys owners can't upgrade not even to 4GB like the Genesys Pro now that is a let down.

When you have a mother company treating customers like that it leaves you with no alternative but to write to forums like this one and the no to ever buy it's products again.

I have great respect to Paul D but I bout the keyboard from Italy even though I live in Malta and that is why I get this problem.
Paul I will be sending you my email and thank you for any help.

Scottyee thans for your response and yes I am doing ok with the Digitech.

Again Wishing you all the best for the festive seasons.

Tony.

#119233 - 12/22/03 12:33 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Tony it looks like you have the info you require to look into this. It is great having a representative like PaulD on the forum and I am sure he will look at what the problem may be.

But the title of this thread is not indicative of the experience of most GeneralMusic users so I would like to remove it if it has served its purpose.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 12-22-2003).]

#119234 - 12/22/03 01:04 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
KN_Fan Offline

Quote:
General Music definitely knows 'what' sells Now where's the keyboard in that shot?

?? What keyboard?

Ooh..I see..Don, you meant under the left ARM, yes?

Sorry - had to do it

#119235 - 12/22/03 02:14 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Hi Nigel Sorry for once I am going to disagree with you here. I am not one of those who write articles like this but I have made it clear to Mr Marabella that I would put it in this forum and still he didn't have the decencey to even reply my message.

I am bieng very responsible here that is why I am displaying the name of the Person I was dealing with... Now my point is this, I am not trying to get a revange or anything but when you deal with top managment of a company and you don't even get a reply this is the only way I can express and show my disapointment.
My problem is with the mother firm in ITALY and not the Representatives in the US which I know are very efficient.

I feel there is nothing wrong in the title so I expect it will stay there for a little longer so to get my message around.

I have send an email to Paul today and I know he will help but I feel the Managment at General Music in ITALY we ARROGANT and untile they reply my emails I feel that it is unfair for me to take this THREAD OF THE FORUM.

Like eveybody else I have the right to show disaproval for the way they are treating me.

I have given my experience of today not yesterday and if others are satisfied I am not and that is what this forum is for to make pressure when things are wrong.

Nigel sorry we ended the year like this but my point is that there are serious bugs in the keyboard and now I have to spend the bussiest days of the year where I will be demanding the best from my keyboard, not knowing if the keyboard stops or whatever and all this to me means a lot because I paid good money and I expect to get a good aftersale service.

Regards
Tony

#119236 - 12/22/03 03:13 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Amelius Offline

Loc: Milan, Italy
Ziggy,

I understand your fustration and disappointment with the management (or even 1 single manager) at GEM Italy.

Yet, IMHO, you may agree with me that the attitude of an individual (or even of the entire management, or even of one company) should not lead you to generalize as to write "... these ITALIANS..." which I personally find a little unfair to the Italian people in general and to the Italian friends on this forum.

I am not a GEM customer and I have no intention of defending GEM, but honestly, I am convinced that your note and comments could have been better constructed and better addressed.

Yours sincerely

Amelio

#119237 - 12/22/03 03:34 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Sorry Amelio you are right there, and sorry if I hurt anybodys feelings and I am going to try and take that part off my post

#119238 - 12/23/03 09:21 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
PaulD Offline

Because this was brought up in a public forum, I felt it necessary to clear Generalmusic Italy's name on this. According to our records, Mr. Mirabella did try to contact Ziggy several times and got these back, several, several times (I edited out the email address and replaced with *):

The following addresses had permanent fatal errors

----- <*********@onvol.net>

----- Transcript of session follows -----

... While talking to mx01.onvol.net.:

>>> MAIL From:<**********@generalmusic.com>

<<< 550 5.7.1 Mail from 195.31.218.2 refused by blackhole site dnsbl.njabl.org 554 ... Service unavailable
Quote from Mr. Mirabella
"I have exchanged with ZIGGY (Mr. T*** G****) a long series of email, giving to him a full technical support, suggestions, explanations and so forth. Obviously all this includes the for free operating system shipping, even the latest O.S. CD, send to him without any request, because its name is in our Genesys users database, then we send to them the O.S. CD via mail service or currier. As you can see, the result after its latest contact with us is an email fatal error."

As you can see, we take these claims VERY SERIOUSLY. We are sending Ziggy another copy of the OS. I understand that the VP of Generalmusic has either been in contact with, or is going to be contacting Ziggy shortly.
In case anyone else might have concerns or issues with Generalmusic's customer service; I would respectfully request that you send me an email, with your issues before bringing them to a public forum. I assure you, that you will get the same level of service and attention privately as publicly.

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

[This message has been edited by PaulD (edited 12-23-2003).]

#119239 - 12/23/03 11:38 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Paul thank you for your reply.
But let me respond to what you said here.
Firstly I never said Mr Marabella wasn't helpful in fact he was very helpful and we exchanged experience with each other.
I never did recieve the new OS, so it wasn't sent to me up to this moment I haven't recieved it.

I said already this all started from the moment I asked why my and some other Genesys where with 1.3GB hard disks and not as SPECIEFIED 2GB from that email onwards I got no reply I still have the same email address so If something was wrong surely wasn't from my end, I got those emails you are talking about here but only couple of days ago.

I am saying this because you are giving the impresion that he tried to answear me and didn't contact me because there was something wrong in my email.

I did get a response from Mr Marabella on the same email address but a week ago.

I don't intend to lengthen this matter all I wanted was the upgrade befor the festive seasons and unfortunatley I didn't get it.

So now I hope that I will recieve the upgrade.

Sorry Paul this was nothing against you or your outlet in the US but I am still not convinced that the email was the problem at all.
Next time Paul I will do that(Contact you first) but you have to be honest and say that the first Genesys came out with a 1.3GB Hard Disk and I never got the oppotunety the have the hard disk replaced to what it should have been.... I have done that myself by spending an extra $150 so to have a 2GB hard disk.

Well I think this will end here and hope I will recieve the UPGRADE because like me in Malta there are 11 more waiting for the upgrade.

Regards
Tony.

#119240 - 12/23/03 12:38 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
the title of this thread is not indicative of the experience of most GeneralMusic users so I would like to remove it if it has served its purpose.

Hi Nigel, sorry but I have to disagree. I strongly urge that you DON'T remove this thread. Doing so would be an act of uneeded censorship. Whether Ziggy's experience is indicative of other General Music customers or not is not the issue. He is only sharing his experience coming from 'his' perspective. I'll agree that his choice of thread topic title 'General Music Italy are Disgusting' may sound overly harsh, but this only reflects the legitimate frustration he is obviously having with them.

The wonderful thing about message boards like ours is that it allows anybody to reply with: a differing opinion, a rebuttal, a story from someone else who may have experienced a similar/same situation, or the opportunity for a solution, as shown here by PaulD's (GEM USA) offer of assistance.

I believe removing this thread will only discourage totally candid & honest discussion. I trust and have complete faith that the Synthzone arranger forum member community will come to the defense of any undeserving malicious attacks made here. Thanks for listening. - Scott

#119241 - 12/23/03 12:47 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Ziggy and all,
I often get those email "bounces", even when cooresponding with people from whom I know the address is correct. Sometimes it is the server on one end or the other, but it DOES happen, and not infrequently.
I want to think that's what caused the problem. It's Christmas, guys, forgive and forget and forge ahead.
Can you imagine even getting halfway that close to a big gun at Yamaha, or Technics, or Roland?
DonM

#119242 - 12/23/03 02:43 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
trtjazz Offline

I agree with Scott that the topic heading should NOT be changed. It is what it is from this users point of view. As Scott also says if anyone is getting unfairly slammed others will be equally eager to jump in on the other side.

DonM,
I only disagree with you on one of your last points here and that is about reaching at least the people at Yamaha in the top gun seats. Athan Billias who not only is the father of the Motif but runs the entire division there not only posts regularly on the Mo forum but when I have E'd him on several occasions, I have an E back that same day. John Schauer head of the AW recorders division called me a half dozen times at a couple of hours each to show and explain cool stuff on the AW 4416. For my own experiences Yamaha is by far the most responsive of all the companies out there to include Steve Deming yet another manager for customer support who posts in here when it is necessary.

However I too have received many times bounce backs from perfectly good E addresses and have had mine bounced back to others so I don't know about this case but it does happen.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#119243 - 12/23/03 02:53 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Ziggy and all,
I often get those email "bounces", even when cooresponding with people from whom I know the address is correct. Sometimes it is the server on one end or the other, but it DOES happen, and not infrequently.
I want to think that's what caused the problem. It's Christmas, guys, forgive and forget and forge ahead.
DonM

Don perhaps what you're missing out here is that this happened about a month and half ago and not last week, so in a month I got no reply whatever and now in a week all of a sudden I am getting these emails from Mr Marabella saying he can't contact me...come on now I wasn't born yesterday, this is what I dislike when we start bending the facts to our favour.
And I assure you I won't get the reply I wanted but anyway it over with now but I wouldn't like to hear statments like they try to contact me and he couldn't because of email failure, when in a year we had been contacting each other so many time with no problems whatever.

Tony

#119244 - 12/23/03 03:20 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
the disussions that we make here are both good and bad,ziggy had a problem and now it is being sorted out,if the subject was not posted in the first place,it would have taken longer to resolve,i,m pleased that reps from the top companys are here,helping when they can,don,t forget that they are keyboard players too,free speech is good ,don,t take it away,mike,by the way amerry merry xmas to you all

#119245 - 12/24/03 01:23 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Hi Nigel, sorry but I have to disagree. I strongly urge that you DON'T remove this thread. Doing so would be an act of uneeded censorship. Thanks for listening. - Scott

I think you may have misread my posting because all I was doing was asking if I could remove it and the answer was no so I accepted that. And that was 2 days ago now so obviously I was not being an unreasonable censor.

If I really feel the need to take the role of censor I never ask ..... I just act. And having been a member of this forum for so long Scott how many times can you recall me ever censoring without very good cause ? That is just not how I am.

#119246 - 12/24/03 02:05 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Quote:

But the title of this thread is not indicative of the experience of most GeneralMusic users so I would like to remove it if it has served its purpose.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 12-22-2003).]

Nigel I know we all have a soft spot for Paul for the way he take care of customer care in the states and in this forum.
Now that you're in again you said that the thread is not indicative of the experience of most GeneralMusic users.

Now can you imageen how you feel if you buy a car with a TURBO engine and after you start driving it you find the the TURBO is missing and you paid for it, then you contact the firm and NO REPLY what so ever, then they come and tell me they tryed to contact me after a 45 days.
I would like to ask you how you feel? you said this experience was not of most Genereal music please make sure you have the facts before writing , I can assure you there are many who didn't know about it untile I found out and there are people in this forum too who ended up with the same thing, so I don't think you where right here that's why I wanted left here so these things never happen again not to me nor anybody else.
I mean this is a serious matter, do these things Happen In USA or England? I don't think so.

I am a very pataint and reasonable person, but there is a limit in everything.

Tony.

#119247 - 12/24/03 04:39 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Dazza Offline

Loc: Great Britain
Hi Folks

Happy Christmas.

Well youve certainly caused some varied opinions here. Just to put my pennysworth in i have an SK76 amongst many other Gem porducts. I have been waiting now over a year for parts to repair it. Its currently in a very reputable repair house in the UK but alas with all the changes in Italt with Generalmusic over the last 2 years across the world nothing suprises me.

I have to tend to agree that Gem do need to get there act into gear but hey folks hasent this always been the way. I can agree with your frustation i have gone pasty caring know. I think the Gem products are fabulous and i have a ws2/s2/sk76/wk4/8 i was going to buy the Genysys but decieded on a Ketron SD1 (Theres another story not like this though they are fantastic with support etc). I still a fan of GEM though.

Maybe one day ill by a Genysys but by then it will be outdated

Happy New Year

Dazza

#119248 - 12/24/03 04:55 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
trtjazz Offline

Dazza,
Over a year for repair parts? Sorry that is unacceptable to me. You're a far more patient man than I am, it would have been history by now and that would be the last that company would ever see of my money.

This entire repair parts thing baffles me. I have heard that complaint across the spectrum for all the boards and cannot figure out how that can be. If the product is at least still semi current how can these companies not have parts in stock to repair them? At the very most 2 weeks tops to get the repair parts to the dealer period.
Terry

------------------
jam on,

#119249 - 12/24/03 10:24 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
PaulD Offline

Dazza,

Email your part you need, there is no reason to wait that long for a part, for an instrument that we have TONS of parts for. I am not sure what the hold up is, but email with what part you are looking for, and I will make sure you get it. Please include the Company that has your instrument for repair, their phone number and the serial number to your instrument. I will report what I find for you.

Again, I would like to request, that any customer service issues, that you or anyone may have, please email me.

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#119250 - 12/24/03 11:38 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
all I was doing was asking if I could remove it and the answer was no so I accepted that. And that was 2 days ago now so obviously I was not being an unreasonable censor.

Hi Nigel, I totally concur that you've NEVER been an unreasonable censor, and that I can count only on ONE hand, the total number of threads you've ever had to remove.

In this instance I was ONLY offering my 'vote' for NOT removing this thread, or any other thread, unless it contains blatant slander or foul language.

Nigel, I'm really looking forward to the pleasure of meeting you in person finally, possibly in March 2004 when I'm scheduled to be down in your area. Merry Christmas to you and your wife Kerry. - Scott

#119251 - 12/24/03 01:34 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
PaulD Offline

Because of the Holidays, and NAMM around the corner, I won't be able to follow this thread or any threads much. If you have an issue, please Email me. I will be following up with Dazza and Ziggy via email. I am still shocked that Dazza (an ex-rep for Generalmusic) had any problems what so ever getting parts. I am sure that if it were over a year, as Dazza knows, Generalmusic changed distributors. At any rate I promise that I will get down to the bottom of these issues and get them resolved.

[This message has been edited by PaulD (edited 12-24-2003).]

#119252 - 12/25/03 05:57 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Dazza Offline

Loc: Great Britain
Hi Paul

Many thanks for your reply, will be in touch after the newyear.

DONT BE PUT OFF GUYS IM SURE THERES PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH OTHER COMPANYS AS WELL WHAT EVER INDUSTRY THERE IN.

THe gem products are still fantastic and still have a place in my heart. Certainly worth a look if your contemplating a change.

Dazza

#119253 - 12/25/03 12:53 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Hello Tony,
Really sad to see that one bad move or actually "no move no reply" from a company can destroy a 12 year relationship.
Nevertheless I think you are right as so far as I can see they still did not reply about the wrong sized harddisk.
While the only thing they should do is replace these harddisks!

Anyway I saw you are from Malta!
The first time I saw a WK4 in action was on Malta, which must have been around 1998 while I took a small holliday with my family.
I wonder If you know the guy using the wk4 (Malta is small so I am pretty sure you must know him) and If you have his mailadress.
I lost his mailadress with a crash on my system a couple of years ago.
His name was David Xuereb.

Thanks for letting me know,

Fred

#119254 - 12/25/03 02:11 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by freddynl:
Hello Tony,
Anyway I saw you are from Malta!
The first time I saw a WK4 in action was on Malta, which must have been around 1998 while I took a small holliday with my family.
I wonder If you know the guy using the wk4 (Malta is small so I am pretty sure you must know him) and If you have his mailadress.
I lost his mailadress with a crash on my system a couple of years ago.
His name was David Xuereb.

Thanks for letting me know,

Fred

Hi Fred what a small world, of course I know David he's one of those who bought the new Genesys but fortunatley his keyboard had a 2GB hard disk...lol

He is a very good singer you must have meet him either in Corintia Group hotels or San Antonio Hotel.

I am supplying his common email so I think he will get your email. davidxuereb@hotmail.com
I haven't seen much of him latley cause we where both very busy but tell him when you write to him that I passed his email to you
I am Tony Gauci ok

If you ever in Malta AGAIN JUST LET ME KNOW,
I will give you the oppotunety to perform on my keyboard if you would like to.

Regards
Tony.

#119255 - 12/25/03 03:33 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Hello Tony,
Many thanks !

And I will definately contact you if I come to Malta again, which will happen sometime in the future anyway as we had a very good time and 25o Celcius in October is great, measured against dutch temperatures.

Will say hello from you to David.

#119256 - 01/10/04 02:54 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

I am adding a small not just to let you all know that I haven't got the upgrade yet.

I have sent an email to Paul but to be honest I am not sure if he got it or not, I resent it just now so I make sure he got it.

STILL WAITING.

Tony.

#119257 - 01/10/04 02:58 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Dnj Offline

How long has it been?..I hope you get it soon...I hate waiting for things..Argggg!

#119258 - 01/11/04 01:28 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Well let's put it this way the thread started on 21/12/2003.

I got a reply from Paul General Music USA, last night and he is looking in the matter, but still the thing is that even after all this the MOTHER COMPANY ITALY didn't bother to send me the upgrade, so you'll see that I wasn't bluffing here about the name of the THREAD, I leave it to that for now.

Tony.

#119259 - 01/11/04 06:11 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
trtjazz Offline

Tony,
For my customer policy (like companies have their assinine policies) that is unacceptable customer support especially in light of the fact that the issue was brought up here and it was promised that it was going to be handled ASAP. This is not ASAP to me.....poor salesmanship General Music.

That was one of the issues and concerns I brought up in one of the Genysis threads....about support, with it not being available anywhere. To me, no matter how great a board may be if there is poor or no support when there is a problem, the board won't be in my studio.
Terry

------------------
jam on,

#119260 - 01/11/04 06:47 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
msutliff Offline

Just a few thoughts....

Are you sure? Did you look at the physical drive itself, the label on the casing? Is there any chance that it IS a 2 gig drive that for some unknown reason has a 1.3 partition on it and consequently that's all you're going to see on the screen?

I don't know...I guess I'm one of those that doesn't exactly agree with the title of this thread. Ziggy had you said, "I am DISGUSTED with General Music Italy!!!", I would have totally accepted that. You are describing your feelings for your situation. But calling somebody(s) disgusting...Well...I guess I save that for the really bad. Maybe I'm losing something in the translation here????

Bottom line though, I DO hope you get this problem solved. Confirm the size of the physical drive and if it's wrong, let's get it swapped out!!!

mike

#119261 - 01/11/04 07:06 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
trtjazz Offline

I somewhat surprised that we have not heard an official from General, especially with Paul being on the forum...."That is not possible as we have Never put a 1.3 drive in one, they were all 2gig." Hmmmmm.
Terry

------------------
jam on,

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 01-11-2004).]

#119262 - 01/11/04 07:59 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by msutliff:
Just a few thoughts....

Are you sure? Did you look at the physical drive itself, the label on the casing? Is there any chance that it IS a 2 gig drive that for some unknown reason has a 1.3 partition on it and consequently that's all you're going to see on the screen?

I don't know...I guess I'm one of those that doesn't exactly agree with the title of this thread. Ziggy had you said, "I am DISGUSTED with General Music Italy!!!", I would have totally accepted that. You are describing your feelings for your situation. But calling somebody(s) disgusting...Well...I guess I save that for the really bad. Maybe I'm losing something in the translation here????

Bottom line though, I DO hope you get this problem solved. Confirm the size of the physical drive and if it's wrong, let's get it swapped out!!!

mike

Hi Mike, firstly to reply Terry as well, I have to say that Paul General Music Rep in the USA is very helpful, whish all where like him.

Terry I had to stay on General Music because I already owned All there Keyboards, so a lot of work is saved in General music format because it is SUPERIOR to MIDIFILES. But now after what's happend I am redoing all my work back again in midifile format so I can swing to another keyboard smothly.

Mike about your questions now , I am 100% sure that the Drive was 1.3GB I am saying was cause I changed it myself for and extra cost of $120 so no doubt about it here 1.3GB and not 2GB as it was speciefied .

Now I can't see why you think the title is sort of exagerated to put it in simple terms.

Tell me what will be left of you when you pass all the information to a Representative in the Mother Firm Milan and you get not even a single reply, and then they come out with a reply that they have been trying to contact me for over 2 months....come on mike I had been comunicating with the company for over a year and must say they have been helpful, but never had trouble with sending and recieving mail to and fro.

It all started when I brought to thier attention the fact that the hard disk wasn't as speciefied only after that they had trouble to contact me..I leave you think about it.

Now after I had Paul word they will send it to me STILL HAVEN'T GOT IT YET, I guess now they have trouble with post

Tony.

#119263 - 01/11/04 08:40 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
msutliff Offline

Hey Ziggy,

Maybe you're right. Maybe there is no way for me to understand your frustration.

I will finalize by saying, "I wish things would have went differently for you." "I wish you would have received the solution you were looking for." "I'd like to think this experience was an exception to the rule, not the norm."

Take care! If you do swap out the Genesys, I'd be curious as to what you get.

mike

#119264 - 01/11/04 11:00 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Terry cause I forgot to say , you are right they will not proff me wrong about the hard disks, Cause I am the guy that FIX these machines, so I know what I am talking about!!!

Mike this wasn't an exception and that is why I brought it here in the forum, I normally buy about 10 keyboards for me and my friends I get a good deal I must say, there were only 2 with 2GB the rest where 1.3GB and for you to know I bought the keyboard without even seeing it cause I had a good idea of what it was going to be like anyway to be honest with you I didn't even bother to check how big the hard disk was, this cam about when I found that the hard disk was full, so I checked it out and found it was as we said 1.3GB, and I really wish Paul can proof me wright on this matter so you all don't think I am inventing things, now the 1.3 was used on the WK8 so in simple MATHS they wanted to get rid of them and the first few where with a 1.3GB, you get it now.

You asked me what keyboard I go for, it has to be one of the best, I put my mind on the Tyros and Korg so far but I still have to see because I normally buy 2 at a time 1 stays at home for me to work on and the other is alway in my car for giging, I gig 5 to 6 times a week so my gear is always left in the car.

Tony.

#119265 - 01/11/04 09:41 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Wow Ziggy! You even "FIX" GEM Keyboards and they're still sloughing you off!! If it were me and they wouldn't correct the situation in a reasonable amount of time I would sell that thing ASAP and NEVER buy from GEM again!! Period!!! It's amazing that Paul Davis who is GEM's HEAD of Sales and Marketing Division for the WHOLE USA can't get things resolved either. Who's running GEM Italy??? If it was in my power I would FIRE him so fast it would make your head swim! It really is DISGUSTING Ziggy! I sympathize with you and hope things WILL get resolved soon. If they don't, then read my statement above ^ again as to what you should do IMO.

Best regards,
Mike

#119266 - 01/11/04 11:39 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Scottyee Offline

Ziggy, this is really disturbing news to hear that GEM Italy still has not made good in correcting your problem. If GEM Italy continues to drag its heels, they most certainly DESERVE the thread title you gave: "General Music Italy are disgusting!" and I will continue to support keeping this thread at the forefront as a 'warning' to others to the way they treat their customers. If Technics can go under, GEM certainly could be next on the list too. Please keep us abreast of developments. - Scott

#119267 - 01/12/04 04:35 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
trtjazz Offline

I am in agreement with Ziggy here on the entire issue. I read Paul's other response about "we're fluffy and soft and handling it." That doesn't cut it for me...no disrespect Paul, but we're handling it doesn't make it. These do not seem to be huge issues to me.

I don't care where Tony bought his board US, Europe or the moon, General Music is all one company, send the guy a new 2gig drive and the new o/s.....done deal.

We went through a similar situation with Korg over at IA... the short story is one of the members had a bad PA 80, Sam Ash kept jerking him around, Jerry K kept making excuses why Korg had to work through it with Ash and proper policies....well this member had a gig coming up in a few days. My and others position was.....hey Jerry Korg can do whatever it likes, send this guy a new board direct or send your rep over there with a new one and pick up the old, then argue about it with Sam Ash after....which is finally what happened, Jerry sent him a board overnight. Point being it should not take a forum full of anger posts to get these companies off their duffs to fix a customers problems and we count on these boards, so it needs to be done in a timely manner a week or two max, not weeks or months.

Before the argument is made about a back up board....some can barely afford the first one at the prices of high end boards. That would be like the car dealer saying you should have a back up car if you have to rely on it everday.

Sorry, I just have a short attention span for companies that tell me how great their customer service is when it isn't even close.
Terry

------------------
jam on,

#119268 - 01/12/04 04:48 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Dnj Offline

Hmmm?....then you wonder why Companies are going out of business like Techinics just did.

#119269 - 01/12/04 05:39 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Mike ease up...lol no honestly Mike it does make you angry when you see how passive they are in Italy, and thank you guys for your Support, Scott I bet you would have gone nuts with an issue like this???
Remember I got 2 Keyboards and Not1, and I got 2 because I can't carry the Genesys it's so dam heavy so I went to get the Genesys Pro.

Terry this is something like you I don't understand it look at times that a company is split into hundreds of companies as if to say these are not all the same ENTENTITY.

Terry I won't get my Hard Disk changed cause that's how it goes but I am saying this for all of you when you buy now you can't trust anymore the SPECS that come out with the Keyboards.

I bet I am the one and only that brought this matter out in the public, and I know there are more like me, but not everybody is like me, I know I will be pregudiced on this issue in Italy, but I had to bring it out.

I feel very obliged towards Paul we are in contact and I've been contacted by Mr David McMahan who is the guy with technical support to see the Faults I am talking about if they can be solved.

But all this comes to square A the Italian side is very passive and they don't bother that much whateve Paul says here, I have more on my Menue but I am leaving it aside for now.

I didn't get not one single email from Mr Maribella FROM THE MOTHER COMPANY MILAN, and that's a fact no one can deny now.

Tony.

[This message has been edited by ziggy (edited 01-12-2004).]

#119270 - 01/12/04 05:53 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Hmmm?....then you wonder why Companies are going out of business like Techinics just did.

Can you pleas email me the link for this information ? Dan O'

#119271 - 01/12/04 07:07 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Technics out of business!! What a shocker on a Monday morning. Good news for Yamaha, they can now increase their market share. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/002319.html
Starkeeper

#119272 - 01/12/04 08:55 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
PaulD, I didn't say YOU should be fired. I said if it was in MY power the head of GEM ITALY should be fired. Why does a company pride itself in customer service when that same customer service is vaporware, ie., non-existent? We shall see how this resolves itself. It is out in the open with a multitude of Arranger Keyboardists looking "IN" on this thread. It shouldn't take 6 months to fix a problem[s] like this. How about 6 days MAX.

These are my opinions and are in no way directed toward you personally Paul. GEM Italy is the culprit not you. And I directed my flame to them in my original post. You seem to be doing your darndest to help Ziggy out which is commendable.

Best regards,
Mike

#119273 - 01/12/04 01:13 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Starkeeper,
not so good for the consumer though, less competition, less need for them to strive to research & build a better product.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Starkeeper:
Technics out of business!! What a shocker on a Monday morning. Good news for Yamaha, they can now increase their market share. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/002319.html
Starkeeper

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#119274 - 01/13/04 06:13 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Amelius Offline

Loc: Milan, Italy
Paul & Ziggy,

I just wanted to offer extra help. I live right in Milan and Gem's Headquarters are about round the corner. Is there anything pratical I can do to help?

Amelio

PS: Pls do not ask for any physical offence to Mr Maribella... eh, eh...

#119275 - 01/14/04 12:05 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Amelius:
Paul & Ziggy,

I just wanted to offer extra help. I live right in Milan and Gem's Headquarters are about round the corner. Is there anything pratical I can do to help?

Amelio

Amelio thank you for your offer I am going to keep you in mind in future.

Well to end this first chapter of the ordeal, tonight I just loaded the new OS upgrades to my keyboards, which I got from Paul and I would like to thank him Publicly for all his help.

Tony.

#119276 - 01/14/04 12:09 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Dnj Offline

Thats great to hear all is well ....
Maybe in the future people wont have to go thru what you did in this frustrating experience.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online