SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#119221 - 12/21/03 02:01 PM GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
WEll I would like to share with you my expirience with GENESYS.
I bought the geneysy without even seeing it cause I knew it was going to be a much better Keyboard than the WK4. So I bought 6 for myself and my friends, well I was pleased with the Keyboard it had what I was aiming for, but the first disapointment came when I found out that instead of 2GB hard disk I found it had 1.3GB hard disk...wowww couldin't believe myself.
So I contacted MR Marabella, this the the General Music Rapresentative and I told him about this matter. Man you know what the answear was??? nothing like the empty space. that's not all I am a guy that was telling him with a lot of faults there was and still is in the GENESYS.

So then I asked him to send me the new OS upgrade and guess what....no answear and no OS that is what I call customer care. and all this because I asked him why my keyboard was shiped with a 1.3GB instead of the 2GB. so now I have a keyboard outdated. I am saying this because I feel like I am bieng robed of my rights for no good reason.

So now I am certain that from now on the next keyboards surely wan't be GENERAL MUSIC not because they are not good but because the mother company is not Serious at all. We spend all that money on these top of the range keyboards to end up not able to upgrade the os which as you all know in the first few years they have a lot of problems. I would like your comments about this please.

I take this opportunety to wish you and all your families at Synth zone all the best for Christmass and New year

Tony.

[This message has been edited by ziggy (edited 12-22-2003).]

#119222 - 12/21/03 02:23 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Tony, I'm really disappointed to hear about the poor customer service you're receiving from General Music Italy, especially realizing what a longtime loyal customer you've been with them. I hope PaulD (Synthzone member & US GEM keyboard rep):
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/ubbmisc.cgi?action=getbio&UserName=PaulD

reads this thread and can provide assistance for you. In the meantime, hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2004. - Scott

PS: Hope you're still enjoying your Digitech Workstation Harmonizer.

#119223 - 12/21/03 02:53 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy:
these ITALIANS don't know the meaning of CUSTOMER CARE.

I think it's important to point out that though GEM Italy may not "know the meaning of CUSTOMER CARE", that other Italian keyboard companies (like Ketron) 'do', as evidenced by Mr. Sandro Fontanella, who both listened & then responded by implementing my request of adding rootless jazz chord voicing recognition to their SD1 keyboard. That to me is CUSTOMER CARE at the highest level, and I wasn't (and still not) a Ketron customer. Even so, I think Ketron benefits highly from the addition of this feature. I continue to respect Ketron Italy and will always keep them in mind when making a future keyboard purchase. - Scott

#119224 - 12/21/03 04:27 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
Ziggy,

I am sorry that you didn't get satisfactory response from Italy. I am not sure why that is, as I have never had anyone that I know of have these sorts of problems. If you would, send me an email, and I will personally make sure you get your issues resolved. I am not allowed to send you an OS update, if your instrument didn't come from the US, but I certainly can make sure you get one, and get the service that you should get. Again, I apologize for the mishandling of your requests, and I am sure there is a break down in communication somewhere. I promise that I will get to the bottom of this for you.

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#119225 - 12/21/03 05:06 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I think it's important to point out that though GEM Italy may not "know the meaning of CUSTOMER CARE", that other Italian keyboard companies (like Ketron) 'do', as evidenced by Mr. Sandro Fontanella, who both listened & then responded by implementing my request of adding rootless jazz chord voicing recognition to their SD1 keyboard. That to me is CUSTOMER CARE at the highest level, and I wasn't (and still not) a Ketron customer. Even so, I think Ketron benefits highly from the addition of this feature. I continue to respect Ketron Italy and will always keep them in mind when making a future keyboard purchase. - Scott

Fugghedaboudit !!!

( Yes there IS a vowel at the end of my name... can you guess why ? lol )

AJ

#119226 - 12/21/03 05:33 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi tony

I'm really sorry for what happen with you...
It's really strange, I know really well a lot of guys of GEM Italy, the boss is my good friend too, but I never had hear so one problem. Beliveme, they are really serious guys....maybe they don't had saw the code of the hard disk...sometime in production may happen.
Try to contact they again, sure you get a reply and a good CARE ASSISTANCE.

About your OS that you need....if you get problem for have a Genesys OS, go direct to my friend Enrice web page: http://www.enricofalcone.de/
there you will find the LAST one OS for Genesys.

About Paul, Generalmusic USA...why you are NOT allowed to send a new OS for your client??
Com on! Are you joking?
Remember that GEM, like all the other company, made PROPIETARY OS in binary file, it mean: ONLY the own keyboard can LOADING this binary OS!In this way, the all genesys can ONLY load your specific OS binary file.

It NOT possible that another keyoard may try to load it why is NOT compatible.
With Binary OS file, is not possible editing or some other stuff.
Anyway, remember that every GEM keyb are born in Generalmusic Italy factory and the OS binary file too.So...IF you buy a GEM here or there...where is the difference of the OS??

Look at me, I buildin keyboards too, with LINUX OS and all people there can copy, editing, updating how they like and want...
Honest? I really don't care...why sure they will to working into my keyboard and then I get back all this software application too...

cheers
Domenik

#119227 - 12/21/03 05:52 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
The O.S. could be different, depending on the country of origin. It shouldn't be an issue for him to get a copy of the O.S., which belongs in his instrument, as soon as he emails me, I will make sure that they send him the appropriate version of the O.S.

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#119228 - 12/21/03 08:48 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Dooh!

That's not a Homer Simpson dooh...That's a Spanky and the Little Rascals' dooh when they saw saw a pretty girl.

mike

#119229 - 12/21/03 08:54 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Scottyee Offline

General Music definitely knows 'what' sells Now where's the keyboard in that shot?

#119230 - 12/21/03 11:23 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Under the left one.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online