SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#118714 - 01/17/06 04:00 AM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Thanks

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 01-17-2006).]

#118715 - 01/17/06 04:24 AM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
zuki Offline

Squeak -

Remember, once you get in, you can't get out Think about sticking around, because we need comments from the heart. I enjoy your posts and hope to hear from you again.

Your friend,
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#118716 - 01/17/06 04:39 AM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Frank,
ok

#118717 - 01/17/06 05:33 AM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Theodore, Thankyou

#118718 - 01/17/06 07:22 AM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Folks, thanks for all the support, but my decision still stands. This being my last post I want to share a small part of an email I was sent by a forum a member some time ago. I won't mention the persons name, but this member post daily on the Zone. Even though I deleted the email this part I remember WORD FOR WORD.
--------------------------------------------
"Squeak, I don't know what your problem is. The majority of our members don't listen to your black music or whatever it is you people are listening to these days".

That's just a small snip of the email. This email screams of racial overtones. The member who sent me this was clearly a coward because they knew that posting this on the Zone would have led to some problems.

However, I just brushed this email off because I know that this member doesn't represent the forum as a whole, and it would be wrong of me to generalize the entire zone based off this one member. This just gives you some insight into the mentality that some of the Zone's daily posters have. It's also not the only hateful email I got from members with racial overtones either.

Folks, there have been many good years for me here on the forum. I will still check back every so often, and if a topic sparks my interest I'll reply by personal email to members.

Best Regards to all members!

Sincerely,
Squeak_D
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#118719 - 01/17/06 08:21 AM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I wasn't going to comment on this topic at all because it's personal and in my opinion this board should not be personalized, it should be about music, equipment, and musicianship. However, the line has been crossed with this statement:

"Squeak, I don't know what your problem is. The majority of our members don't listen to your black music or whatever it is you people are listening to these days".

One of the beautiful things about these forums is the ability to communicate without gender, race, religion, sex, etc. getting in the way of the communication. I seriously WOULD like to know who on this board sent you this email. It's outrageous in this day and age for ANY discrimination, especially racial. If this is the kind of trash participating on this board, then in support of Squeak, I'm out as well.

The person who sent this to Squeak should publicly apologize.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#118720 - 01/17/06 08:35 AM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
That is pretty disturbing to me as well. I don't know who did it, and I think Squeak handled it right, as it probably serves us no good purpose to know and have it aired out here, but I understand what you are saying too Al and I can't help feeling a bit like that myself. Shame on the person who did that.

I can only wonder that if I was ever somehow the recipient of something so vile at the hands of another member, whether would I be able to face it and deal with it with the amount of class and dignity that you have shown Squeak.

AJ

#118721 - 01/17/06 08:43 AM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Squeak,
I know you and I have had our differences,but I'm disappointed that you are not going to be involved in this group like you had been.
I can't blame you for being upset at receiving such a rotten e-mail. I think the person who sent you that e-mail has more wrong with them than than racial prejudice.
Sorry to hear that someone would treat you that way.
Ian

#118722 - 01/17/06 09:05 AM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
The Accordionist Offline

Yeah, about the lamest sentence I have ever heard. I guess I'm one of those "black music" degenerates because I concentrate about 90% on jazz now.

Seems to me that Squeak just likes music. Trance, Standards, Jazz, Rap, and even Country.

As disgusting as that email was, it was private and it seems unfair to publish the individual's name. If the author would like to step forward and apologize that would seem most appropriate, although people who make comments like that truly don't see what's wrong with it, which makes it all the more sad.

Tommy

#118723 - 01/17/06 09:20 AM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
squeak, ... I am sorry you had to be subjected to that ... I am even sorrier that the rest of us here get to lose you as a member because of one idiot !!!
I do not like being 'painted with the same brush' as that individual ... It's your decision, but it's our loss ...
t.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online