SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#116146 - 09/06/07 11:17 PM improv on S-900
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Some people have asked for submissions of music performed live using the onboard styles of their respective keyboards.
This is just me twiddling around on my S900 using the RockGtrBallad style. It was adjusted slightly.
Some of you may know I am still recovering from surgery on my right hand. It's been 10 weeks tomorrow and the rehab is really tough!!! My fingers are so stiff and sore every morning I have to use my other hand to forcibly close my right hand into a fist. This usually takes me about an hour or two of great pain to accomplish. Then hourly I perform exercises. At night it is stabelized in a splint in one position thereby the morning ritual to get it movable again.
Antways, the style used has a nice chord progression in the 3rd beginning and so I was able to begin using the 2nd beginning and then use the 3rd beginning repeatedly for the main of the song, occasionally going into variation 2 using it as a break.
So no chording was done with left hand enabling me to kind of do an improv theme/melody using my right thumb and some fingering with my left hand.
It is a bit lengthy but I got carried away, sorry.
One of the yahoo psr forum members has asked for some music, original, to be used in a spy movie (James Bondish) and I thought this or something similar could work nicely.
I hope you enjoy listening to the the great sounds of the S900. All feedback is welcome.
Jim http://public.box.net/jwincell98509

#116147 - 09/06/07 11:41 PM Re: improv on S-900
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
great stuff,keep up the good work

i just upgraded fron the s900 to the Tyros 2, but i loved the s900 sound whil i owned it, just hated the keys

------------------
Thanks,
Mikey

#116148 - 09/07/07 02:30 AM Re: improv on S-900
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Jimmy, Ya sound good on your new keyboard. I hope your hand continues to heal.
Got some time? Let’s hear more of what you are doing.

John C,

#116149 - 09/07/07 04:08 AM Re: improv on S-900
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Jim,

This is cool...I love the "finished" sound of the S900...you really have a nice piece of music here.

Great improv.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Ian

#116150 - 09/07/07 04:56 AM Re: improv on S-900
zuki Offline

Sounds good. The 900 is awesome. I love the clean sounds and guitars are great. May your hand heal quickly.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#116151 - 09/07/07 05:09 AM Re: improv on S-900
OldNewb Offline

Mikey, Thank you for listening. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I've enjoyed hearing yours. You have a lot of talent. And I also enjoyed your multipurpose web site.

John C I'm really glad you liked my S-900 improv. You are partially responsible to my getting the S-900 over the great deal you offered me on your psr 3000. You told me to stick it out and wait for the 900. Thank you. BTW I was sad to hear later that the 3000 developed a problem. Did you have it repaired? Too good of a board to just scrap.

Ian, Thank you as well for your kind comments. And I'm not surprised you liked the "finished" sound of the S900. I trust it didn't get too much up in your face? I hate when that happens.
You know, I only used the 2 voices in the 1st ots. That wave2001 is am awesome pad. Using both the mono button and then the harmony (using the country trio believe it or not) offered up great results. At times it was used in conjunction with the sweet harmonica and at times used solo.
But that pad sounds to be part of the style.
If I hadn't inserted the bends it would not have been discerned I was playing it. I was pleased with how it worked. And am glad I have created something at least a few have enjoyed so far.

I'm sure there will be other feedback. Something helpful? I know you can tell a flub here or there but it was an improve that I just followed the flow.
Jim

#116152 - 09/07/07 05:13 AM Re: improv on S-900
OldNewb Offline

Thank you Zuki. We must have been typing at the same time or I would have included you in my above reply. The hand, unfortunately will be a while yet. But it will heal I have no doubt. And I have my wonderful Heidi to comfort me. She does it so well.
(I'll be sending her a link to this thread)
Jim

#116153 - 09/07/07 06:31 AM Re: improv on S-900
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Jim - Great job and nice tune! Ditto what Zuki and Ian said - I love the Yamaha's palette of polished, CD-quality sounds. The S900 is a great sounding board.

And of course, there's nothing more beneficial to healing your hand than exercising it. Keep up the great work and please put some more S900 songs out here.

Best of luck for continued recovery w/your hands.

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#116154 - 09/07/07 07:10 AM Re: improv on S-900
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Jim: 'top form' song! Very nice feel, polished sound & mix. I broke my right wrist when I was 10, and I'll never forget how the left hand only piano repertoire & exercises my piano teacher had me work on because of this, improved my left hand playing exponentially, turning an unfortunate situation into an opportunity, and of which seems you've demonstrated now as well. I trust your rehap therapy will have your right hand back in top form soon. - Scott

#116155 - 09/07/07 10:16 AM Re: improv on S-900
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Very well done tune and performance. It certainly showcases how good those Yamaha guitar voices and patterns are... Nice work with the pad and harmonica, too.

The S900 sounds great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online