SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#113577 - 09/26/02 12:15 PM Tyros in latest issue of Keyboard Magazine
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Hello all, I just got my new issue of keyboard magazine and they have a section showing the lineup from Summer Namm 2002. There's a nice little pic of the Tyros and a brief description of its features.. They state Yamaha claims the Tyros new "Megavoice" engine is the best ever produced by Yamaha... It's nice to see arrangers being pictured in these keyboards now.. However one article angered me a bit.. They did a huge review of the Yamaha Motif, Roland Fantom, and the Korg Triton Studio. The guy who did this review stated that the Triton Studio is the "only" keyboard he knows to date that allows you to go from start to finish on one keyboard... HELLO OUT THERE KEYBOARD REVIEWERS!!!!!!! EVER HEARD OF THE GENESYS.....??????????? It's funny to because my last 2 issues of this magazine all had 2 ads for the Genesys... See once again the reviews are still biased because these people overlook the professional arrangers out there that do everything and more than a synth does....

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 09-26-2002).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#113578 - 09/26/02 02:03 PM Re: Tyros in latest issue of Keyboard Magazine
New Yorker Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, Russia
Yep, I read and was laughing too.

Why they do that? 'Cause when you go to Sam Ash or same you see Triton and such in a "pro" section when PSR and other "crap" in other areas. They do not keep them together. Most of the salesmen have no clue what PA Genesys Tyros and so on are.

#113579 - 09/26/02 02:21 PM Re: Tyros in latest issue of Keyboard Magazine
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
What salesmen and saleswomen... , need to be told is that there is a pro and semi pro arranger market.. They should have a section for Pro Arrangers too.. Then they could put the lower end PSR's and Casio's in another section.. It's high time that the Pro Arranger be brought into the spot light.... These keyboards are amazing and some can outperform the Pro Synths out there

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#113580 - 09/26/02 04:03 PM Re: Tyros in latest issue of Keyboard Magazine
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Actually I hope they arranger "secret" continues. I get to keep all the money by "band" makes, while the guys who are too good or ignorant to play arrangers have to split their money four or five ways.
DonM

#113581 - 09/26/02 05:21 PM Re: Tyros in latest issue of Keyboard Magazine
New Yorker Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, Russia
Nah, the more people buy arrangers the less they will cost us.

#113582 - 09/26/02 11:06 PM Re: Tyros in latest issue of Keyboard Magazine
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by New Yorker:
Nah, the more people buy arrangers the less they will cost us.

I doubt it.

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#113583 - 09/27/02 06:06 AM Re: Tyros in latest issue of Keyboard Magazine
trtjazz Offline

Roy,
Me too.
Terry

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online