SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#120774 - 09/26/02 10:52 PM Vocal Harmonizer for Yamaha PSR2000 any good ?
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Does the VH trigger properly with right hand comping ? Or how is it
triggered properly ? Wonder if it sounds good. How is it compared
with Vocal Harmonizer in Yamaha PSR 740.
I never used the auto accompaniment. Only the drum rythms and fill-
ins. I do manual bass.

Thanks
-Han

#120775 - 09/27/02 08:32 AM Re: Vocal Harmonizer for Yamaha PSR2000 any good ?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The problem with the harmonizer when using right hand triggers is that the notes will NOT sustain throuigh chording. If you play a triplet feel piano part, like a 50s ballad (Sillouettes)the harmonies will cut off with each strike of the chord. It was not intended to be used without the arranger, and that's one reason I don't have one. I too, play lots of LH bass lines and I need the harmonizer to work flawlessly from the right hand. I use an outboard Digitech now, with a PA80, and it's great. (more gear, but better performance)

The 2000 vocal input is worlds ahead of the 740 in cleanliness and clarity. The effects are improved and the output has been raised. The 740 is a toy compared to the 2000(vocally).

My concern for the 2000 has always been the chezzy construction. I just can't trust those flimsy, little plastic keys night after night after night. I dumped mine afet a few months, when the buttons started to fall through the case and the keys started squeaking during intense playing conditions.

It's a feature packed unit, for sure, but it's really not built to withstand the rigors of the road. If you have a light touch ... it might be ok for you, but be careful ... it's really a cheap housing.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online