SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#113388 - 03/26/02 05:07 PM Re: All-Time-Favorites
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
I don't know in the us but inn Europe the standards are: autumn leaves, I've got you under my skin, spanish eyes, tea for two, my way, sinatra songs, glenn miller songs, till, copa cabana, i just call to say i love you, everybody loves sombody, dr. zivago, carpenters songs, misty, the shadow of your smile, sabor a mi, tango like malando, and much more of this......
Greetings Notlos http://www.mp3.com/dirkbaert

------------------

#113389 - 03/26/02 09:53 PM Re: All-Time-Favorites
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Same as here !

#113390 - 03/26/02 10:32 PM Re: All-Time-Favorites
diosif Offline

Loc: Greece
Since I live and work in Greece (worked in Rhodes and Cyprus as well as Czech Republic during studies) where lots of tourist come from all over the world, I can confirm what notlos is saying about europe. Assuming of course that we're still talking about the over 50 age group...

#113391 - 03/27/02 02:46 AM Re: All-Time-Favorites
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys, out there all over.

Thanks for your professional help !
It will help me a lot, so my repertoire and your proposals are close together.
@dreamer, it is a cruise Rhein-Main-Donau or vice versa. In other words its Amsterdam to Vienna. I step only onboard/aboard in Frankfurt/Main, one of the nightstays.
Greetings for the upcoming Eastern
Gerhard

#113392 - 03/27/02 12:28 PM Re: All-Time-Favorites
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Gerhard:

I pretty much agree with what the others have said so far, but you might want to also checkout my songlist as well:
http://scottyee.com
then click on: 'Song List' link.

Scott

#113393 - 03/27/02 03:25 PM Re: All-Time-Favorites
Uncle Dave Offline

Scott,
Do you have control over the pop ups that blind us on your site? I was amazed at the number and type of bother this time! Wanna meet singles?????? What's THAT about?
If you're paying for a domain name, you should have the choice of NO ads, don't you?

#113394 - 03/27/02 04:32 PM Re: All-Time-Favorites
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Uncle Dave: I'm using the SAME free Tripod web hosting service as Don Mason. Like Don, I pay for my Domain Name, but this does not include web hosting.

I don't know exactly what YOU are seeing on YOUR computer, but when I had several friends check (on their computer), there appears to be ONLY 'one' ad which comes up, and it REMAINS discreetly hidden BEHIND the web pages. My friends also DO NOT have any kind of 'ad pop up' supressor utility software installed on their computer. This same exact ad appears when I go to Don Mason's website too and doesn't appear to be particularly offensive. In fact, the only way to see it would be to close or move the main window. I'm rather surprised that you are seeing multiple (offense?) ads 'blinding' you. The most interesting thing is, when checking my website via on my own computer, NO ads appear whatsoever, not even behind the webpages. Anyone ELSE other than Uncle Dave see annoying (multiple?) 'pop up ads' when they go to my website?!

Scott http://scottyee.com

#113395 - 03/27/02 09:47 PM Re: All-Time-Favorites
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Scott
I saw only one pop-up ad when I went to your site. Technically, a pop-under ad, like you say, since it only opens up underneath your webpage.
Tom

#113396 - 03/27/02 09:53 PM Re: All-Time-Favorites
Uncle Dave Offline

Must've been a weird, gremlin thing. About 10 ads for a singles dating service popped up, one on top of the other. As fast as I closed one, the next one was there. I'll check it again after my eyes get a rest. Seems to me, if I pay for it .... there should be no ads at all.

#113397 - 03/27/02 10:57 PM Re: All-Time-Favorites
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Tripod, which Scott and I both use, offers both free and paid web sites. The free ones have ads. You can choose between pop-up or the stationary one at the top. I choose the stationary one.
I may have to start paying for more bandwidth if I can't' figure out out to do mine a little differently. Seems the combination of a several MP3s and a lot of traffic exceeds the bandwidth allocation and shuts the site down for an hour or two.
By paying $5.00 a month you can be free of all ads and get more space and bandwidth.
I've never experienced the ad problem on Scott's page though.
Don

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online