SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#112682 - 11/04/05 05:14 PM Korg PA50
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm a bit nervous. I bought a Korg PA50 from Sam Ash only 3 months ago and now one of the chicklet keys is not responding very well. Also the LCD display sometimes takes a while to blink on. Anyone have any bad experiences with these arrangers?
I really like playing with the styles and love this machine but now wonder if the quality from China just isn't there?
I have an original mint SY77 that is built like a brick. Only had to replace the disk drive belt once and it still keeps on ticking.

#112683 - 11/04/05 05:39 PM Re: Korg PA50
zuki Offline

Hi,
What is a chicklet key? The keys on my PA50 are not the best, to say the least; and not sure how they'll hold up - time will tell. The screen has been ok, but styles are a bear to load - very slow (unless I'm doing something wrong). Other than that, as you stated, the sounds and styles are among the best out there and I would feel comfortable in a live play situation.
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#112684 - 11/04/05 08:10 PM Re: Korg PA50
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Hi,
What is a chicklet key? The keys on my PA50 are not the best, to say the least; and not sure how they'll hold up - time will tell. The screen has been ok, but styles are a bear to load - very slow (unless I'm doing something wrong). Other than that, as you stated, the sounds and styles are among the best out there and I would feel comfortable in a live play situation.
zuki

Hi Zuki,

Thanks for replying. I'm not talking about the regular keyboard.
A chicklet key or button looks like a piece of chicklet gum. You know, retangular? The second single touch key is the one that is sticking.
My styles load right away from memory. Are you loading from disk? That takes some time.
How long have you had your PA50? Have you obtained additional styles? I downloaded some from the Korg users site. The problem is that I haven't learned how to restore the old default styles in the user selections without reloading the entire backup diskettes.
Nick

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online