SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#90378 - 11/03/05 04:23 PM Use Smart Media Card In Privia 400
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
I have been using a Smart Media Card in my PSR3000 and it works well but it won't work in my Privia 400.
Comes up with a error message.
Do I need to reformat the card?
Any assistance would be appreciated.
I had given up on the Privia but I have hooked it up to a Keyboard Samick powered mixer and what a difference.
I plan to use it a my back up board.

Cousin Ken

#90379 - 11/03/05 04:41 PM Re: Use Smart Media Card In Privia 400
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Yes, to use the same card it needs to be formated to "Casio". When you do this, a folder is placed in the card called "CASIO". All files need to be placed inside this folder or they won't be seen by the keyboard.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#90380 - 11/03/05 11:17 PM Re: Use Smart Media Card In Privia 400
Caragabal Offline

Many thanks George.

Cousin Ken

#90381 - 11/04/05 06:01 AM Re: Use Smart Media Card In Privia 400
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Caragabal:

Any assistance would be appreciated.
I had given up on the Privia but I have hooked it up to a Keyboard Samick powered mixer and what a difference.
I plan to use it a my back up board.

Cousin Ken

I have a 400 too. I sometimes take it on gigs as a controller for my 3000. In the past I had used the 400 for gigs, but then I bought the 3000. I'd be interested knowing about your setup with the Samick and just how it helped?

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 11-04-2005).]

#90382 - 11/04/05 04:58 PM Re: Use Smart Media Card In Privia 400
Caragabal Offline

I did'nt realise that there were many other Privia 400 owners out there and am pleased that there are.
Initially I bought the keyboard to take with a choir where there was not a decent piano and hoped that it would serve as an arranger as well.But I am the primary carer of a wheelchair bound 31 year old son and because of my wife's failing health a month later I had to give up the choir because I could not go out at night.
In my disappointment I brought The PSR3000 which I am delighted to take to my sole performer concerts which take place during the day when my son is not in my care.
With that preamble let me answer your question.
The Samick is an all in one speaker and four channel powered mixer which I hook up the Privia and its microphone outlet to.
The various sounds produced are not in the same league as my beloved PSR3000 but will be good enough to use as back up keyboard.
The sounds through the Samick to me are much richer and fuller.
I use midi through my keyboards as an accompliment to my singing and only play on
the keyboards at home which I don't very well

Cousin Ken

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online