SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#134314 - 11/04/05 09:18 AM Onstage Performer
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
For anyone supplementing arrangers with backingtracks, I can highly recommend the Onstage Performer. Here is the link: http://www.playwareinnovations.com/
Ok, it does not play midifiles as of yet, but what I have done is recording or rendering the files to wav. It is such a userfriendly programme that allows you to enter lyrics(identify song parts with lyrics), build sets(when you pick a song for a set, it is removed from the main list for that set), edit songs, eq on the fly and the list goes on and on. This is the product that made me return the midjay since version to of MJ couldn't handle long songs with text synch. That is now fixed in version 3 of MJ. However, this is a product worth looking at. No, I don't get any money from saying this. I just wanna spread the word as I did last year.
I now have quite a few VST and DXi plug ins that I fix my midis in Sonar. The improvement over any standard KB and soundmodules are quite impressive. I also replace many drumtracks in midifiles with loops from Drums On Demand: http://www.drumsondemand.com/
Needless to say the realism is striking.

#134315 - 11/04/05 11:16 AM Re: Onstage Performer
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Roy,
I guess that you have already tried to use the loops available at Drums on Demand in a program like Sonar or Cool Edit Pro.
How satisfied have you been with the results?
Would it be possible to listen to an MP3 made this way?
Thanks.
Andrea

#134316 - 11/04/05 11:48 AM Re: Onstage Performer
royandreno Offline

Yes Andrea, I have used DOD loops in Sonar and I am very happy with the results. Drums on Demand is everything it claims to be, splendid loops, very well organized (unlike most loops I've bought elsewhere), and very adaptable to most styles. And with Onstage Peformer I can present the product in a slick manner. I would be glad to post an mp3 demo, but I'm not sure how to. I don't have a website yet, but maybe I could send you one?

#134317 - 11/04/05 12:11 PM Re: Onstage Performer
Dreamer Offline

Roy,
yes, you can send me an MP3 at my email address
Thanks
Andrea

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 11-04-2005).]

#134318 - 11/04/05 09:13 PM Re: Onstage Performer
Smurf Offline

Loc: Ohio
I also use DOD, and Beta Monkeys drum loops. Being a drummer I do have to say the Beta Monkey loops are more "real" sounding to me because they don't have all of the processing on them. BUT the DOD loops are fantastic also, and they have some of the best country drumming going right now. The brush work from DOD is fantastic. And the Bass on Demand cd is = to the drum loops. Both are well worth investment.....

And I use Cool Edit Pro 2.1 to work with my loops. I have Acid 4 but I can not stand the interface..............

[This message has been edited by Smurf (edited 11-04-2005).]

#134319 - 11/04/05 11:50 PM Re: Onstage Performer
royandreno Offline

Smurf, Beta Monkey loops sound great.
I think I'll add them to my library as well.
What I love about DOD is how extremely user friendly to navigate and use. Also I use Sonar because I can pitch change acidized loops i.e. DOD Bass loops. Can you do this in Cool Edit?

#134320 - 11/05/05 02:15 AM Re: Onstage Performer
Dreamer Offline

Roy,
thank you for the MP3 and also your reply.
I just placed an order for volume 6 (drums) and also for the percussion loops CD.

#134321 - 11/05/05 02:28 AM Re: Onstage Performer
royandreno Offline

A pleasure Andrea!
Enjoy those rhythms!
Roy-Andrč

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online