Topic Options
#110357 - 04/28/05 12:26 PM Re: My New G70
bbc Offline

Loc: France
It's not Maurice, but Philippe.

#110358 - 04/28/05 12:29 PM Re: My New G70
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Dreamer;

Yes the "new tones" are impressive. In a past discussion a previous forum member stated that he thought that the demos were heavily processed (modified/augment) based on his hearing/playing the G-70 in person.

I especially like the steel guitar. It is authentic sounding. But I did notice that the performer seemed to be making the struming, body noises, with various triggers on the Keyboard ( i.e to the far left & far right of the KB, outside of where he is playing the solo with his right hand). If I understand this correctly, then by just playing a right hand solo guitar voice selected from one of the Roland sound banks, one will not be able to duplicate the complex guitar sounds? ( i.e slides, struming,fret noises, body noises etc..)

Regards;
BN

#110359 - 04/28/05 12:45 PM Re: My New G70
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Dear Blknotes,
I think that you are referring to the second song in the video called "G 70 new tones"; from that video it looks like the acoustic guitar multisample has fret noises on the left side of the keyboard, while what you hear when the demonstrator plays on the far right of the keyboard (at the end of the song) are the slide-notes which can be heard only hitting the keys very hard (in other words, there is a velocity split between "normal" guitar sounds and "slide-notes", just like Yamaha has done in the Tyros).
But this means also that, if you did choose that sound to play a song, it would be very difficult to assing another sound to the left side of the keyboard, because the guitar alone would take almost the entire 76 keys.... however I guess that you could still trigger the chords with your right hand, and at the same time be free to play the melody. To do this you would have to assing the chord recognition to the whole keyboard and at the same time choose a mode where at least three fingers are required to identify a chord: this woule leave you free to play single notes (the melody) between one chord and the following.

#110360 - 04/28/05 12:45 PM Re: My New G70
bbc Offline

He judged that the aftertouch is only use to enhance effects and emulate guitare technique (slide with pormentato). The combination of 2 notes when playing with E.guitare gives the distorted sound.
All the sounds are from origin and internal ones. The only one that is not from the origin is the style on Samba Pati.

#110361 - 04/28/05 12:48 PM Re: My New G70
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by bbc:
It's not Maurice, but Philippe.

OK, I think that now you can throw the mask away and tell us the truth: the "friend" who is playing the G 70 is.... you!!!
Ai-je devinč?

#110362 - 04/28/05 01:06 PM Re: My New G70
bbc Offline

Dreamer,
I cannot allow myself to say that they are mine. I have make a request to him to share his songs, on the french forum.
I also play piano long time ago, organ electone, synth, drums, and guitare when I was student, alone or with a band, and till now since 15 years from this time. I will show you how I play on G70, but later.
Just to say that if you play some of those instruments, it is more easier to emulate technique.
Regards.

#110363 - 04/28/05 01:26 PM Re: My New G70
BlkNotes Offline

Dear BBC;

Where did Phillipe obtain the guitar sound that was used in Samba Pa Ti If it was not an internal sound?

Regards;
BN

#110364 - 04/28/05 02:37 PM Re: My New G70
bbc Offline

Dear BlkNotes,
The sound in Samba Pati is an internal sound. I just played all the Santana songs I knew on G70. There is many different sounds of electric guitar. That makes me come back many years ago (Hyppie time with "Peace and Love"). Oouch, I feel better now.
Regards

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online