SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#175809 - 04/28/05 06:10 AM Inspiration
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
We've had so many questions asking advice on buying the "best" keyboard, but I wnat to know -

Which arranger have you owned that generated the most inspiration?

Obviously the newer keyboards have more sounds and styles, but which board set your creative juices flowing the most?

#175810 - 04/28/05 07:19 AM Re: Inspiration
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
So far, it's the Ketron SD1. It just sounds so good that I like to hear it.
DonM

#175811 - 04/28/05 08:07 AM Re: Inspiration
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Every keyboard has its own personality, so to speak, and this -in the case of arranger keyboards- is determined by both the sounds and the styles.
So, different keyboards strike different chords inside different musicians: when I owned an SD1 (like DonM has now) I was inspired to record songs like "Guajira", "Hold on, I'm coming", "Sweet home Chicago", "When a man loves a woman".... because the SD1 is strong in the R&B, Pop, Country and Light Rock department. Unfortunately, it didn't inspire me to play a lot of jazz or latin stuff, because the styles were dull or too "heavy" and the sounds lacked the sparkle needed to play that kind of music.
Now I own a Tyros and I think I can say that it's the keyboard that inspires me to play the music I like most; should I buy a different keyboard, I would both regret the Tyros and at the same time had to "redirect" my inspiration according to the tools I'd have at my disposal.
All in all, I can perfectly understand why Don Mason likes the SD1 so much: simply told, it's the best keyboard for the kind of music he likes most.
Don, when will you post a few songs recorded with your new baby?

#175812 - 04/28/05 08:17 AM Re: Inspiration
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
I have owned the following:

Roland KF90
Roland VA7
Technics KN6500
Technics KN7000
Yamaha PSR2100
Yamaha TYROS
- and presently, a Roland KR7 intelligent piano

The most inspiring for me was the Tyros.

------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online