Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#110337 - 04/27/05 08:46 AM Re: My New G70
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of midi files that can be stored in the song file folder, regardless of memory?

Hi,
G-70 Data are not organized by folders. There is one database including your midifiles. Three kinds of managing your songs are possible: 1. Playlist, up to 99 steps each. 2. Using 10 indices, that are pointers refer to the data. 3. The finder, manages up to 99.999 songs within one database.
Regards,
Hanspeter

#110338 - 04/27/05 09:20 AM Re: My New G70
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
It would be nice to be able to see a G70 somewhere in this area.. I'd like to at least take it "for a spin".

AJ

#110339 - 04/27/05 09:20 AM Re: My New G70
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Thanks,

I loaded about 3,000 files on a 1 gig Compact flash, I had a song that was used on my Tyros, and moved it to the compact flash, I can see the file when my computer reads the card but when it's in the G70 it does not see the file. it is a midi file, any ideas?

#110340 - 04/27/05 12:00 PM Re: My New G70
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
Thanks,

I loaded about 3,000 files on a 1 gig Compact flash, I had a song that was used on my Tyros, and moved it to the compact flash, I can see the file when my computer reads the card but when it's in the G70 it does not see the file. it is a midi file, any ideas?

Hi,
the following steps are necessary to get a
G-70 song database.
.Format CF - Card on G-70
.Copy all your 3000 (or less) midifiles into "Put New Songs here"
. Insert CF -card in G-70 Card slot
. Press Finder Song
. Choose External Memory
. After working a while you'll find your midis on G-70. Good luck and regards,
Hanspeter

#110341 - 04/27/05 12:25 PM Re: My New G70
bbc Offline

Loc: France
I found in French Forum www.audiofanzine.com a member put on its ftp server some songs he played on his new G-70. As he says, he had no real time to play this new keyboard. http://amdus.u-strasbg.fr/G-70/
Give us your feedback.

#110342 - 04/27/05 12:44 PM Re: My New G70
bbc Offline

Quote:

Thanks,

The title of the song in G-70 is on midi track. It's different from the name of the midifile (that you can see too in the list of midifiles when searching songs in G70). Some well built files have the name in the first midi-track.
You need to rename them in G-70.

#110343 - 04/27/05 01:13 PM Re: My New G70
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
bbc,
I am listening right now to the songs posted on the site you mentioned: I am glad that there are finally MP3s of the G 70 made by "one of us": in other words different from the usual demo's made by Roland or other manufacturers!

Speaking of sounds, the ones I liked most were the organs, the alto sax and the french musette (almost unbelievable!) On a critical note, the recording level was at times too high (there was a lot of distortion especially on the bass in songs like "Samba pa ti", and even on the piano in the song named "Piano 2" and in "Clair de Lune"). Aside from that, I have to say that maybe were right those people who wrote that the G 70 overall sound is "drowned" in reverb, with an unpleasant effect on the "presence", because the sound seems always too distant. This is especially evident in songs like "Brazilia" (where even the drums are awash in reverb), or "The Entertainer" (listen to the piano and you will realize what I mean: it seems like it is playing in an empty hall the size of a tennis court!)
Speaking from a musical point of view, I have to congratulate your friend for the way he plays: he is really a good player, and this is especially apparent in the piano pieces.
Thank you for giving us this link!

#110344 - 04/27/05 01:51 PM Re: My New G70
bbc Offline

As he said in the forum, he found that the reverb is right tuned, compare to the songs we found on the market. This is the same level of reverb.
In some marketed song when only piano instrument is played, you will found the reverb too, to make an ambiance.
However, you can put lower reverb level.

#110345 - 04/27/05 07:58 PM Re: My New G70
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
I have not had enough time to master all aspects of this KB as I am sure you all understand. The vocal effects, to my taste are better than the PA1xpro. The controls are far better ... you have knobs to control effect level, mike volume and Harmony volume. To me that is a real plus!! The whole vocal processor area is more user friendly. As far as midi files, very easy but the SD1 still sounds the best IMHO.

#110346 - 04/27/05 08:43 PM Re: My New G70
BlkNotes Offline

Dear BBC;

Thanks for sharing the demos. Did he state whether these demos are just made with the G-70, using its own internal sound banks and styles? In particular the Samba Pa Ti & Guitare lead guitar sounds and technique. I believe some of the songs are made using the arranger styles while others are totally sequenced.

PS-I wonder if he is using some of the SRX expansion cards

Regards;
BN

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online