SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#109540 - 04/12/05 03:18 AM let the kids have it.......disappeared?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Did someone pick up their toys and go home. Maybe that last post about not being missed was too much on target?
The childhood phrase about dishing it out but not being able to take it comes to mind.

#109541 - 04/12/05 03:49 AM Re: let the kids have it.......disappeared?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Sometimes things get old and it's just time to move on. Maybe that's what The Pro did. Jim was simply saying goodbye and maybe we turned it into something else. Although I prefer to let posts die their own timely deaths, Jim has every right to delete his. I hope he lurks in the shadows and chooses to post sometime in the future. Until then - Good luck and thanks, Jim.

Cass

#109542 - 04/12/05 05:58 AM Re: let the kids have it.......disappeared?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:
Did someone pick up their toys and go home. Maybe that last post about not being missed was too much on target?
The childhood phrase about dishing it out but not being able to take it comes to mind.

Maybe it's the above attitude that he couldn't take.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#109543 - 04/12/05 08:07 AM Re: let the kids have it.......disappeared?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
I think it's best to give the benefit of the doubt, especially to someone who has been such a valuable contributer to this forum as The Pro has. IMO, Cass is right on.

Thanks, Jim... hope to hear from you again in the not too distant future.

Glenn

#109544 - 04/12/05 08:40 AM Re: let the kids have it.......disappeared?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I seem to recall seeing Jim's name on the roster for the East Coast Jam.
I hope he has just logged out for the jam starting Friday morning April 15th, and will return to us once again after the jam as he has before.
I will be one of the first to welcome him back. This dude has a trermendous talent and is always helpful to all that ask.
Punks come and go but Pros are here forever
Bebop

#109545 - 04/12/05 08:52 AM Re: let the kids have it.......disappeared?
to the genesys Offline

I think if you are willing to dish it out you have to be willing to take it.

The “Pro’s” contributions were very valuable. But often times with any type of communication, it is not just what is said but how it is said. Regardless as to how great the information is. You can not put down other person’s artistic expression and or try to belittle the person and expect to be received well by people.

What made it worst is that instead of sticking around and trying to mend differences (even if it meant admitting some personality or communication short comings), he resorted to calling members here names like “kids” and packing up and leaving.

I would say however, it was clever to have that posting about leaving to get favorable comments and or sympathy. I am not saying it was intentional but it didn’t seem to be a bad byproduct.

#109546 - 04/12/05 09:30 AM Re: let the kids have it.......disappeared?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi.

It's not the first time a tread just disappear all that sudden, and as we know, all who start one can delete all of it, or other members who post in it can delete his / hers own posts.
Nigel as administrator can of course do all the editing and deleting he want if nessesary, but usually he use to tell why if he moderatet anything.

In my humble opinion, to delete a tread when someone has written a reply in it is a kind of being arrogant and show disrespect for the members / people who also post in the tread.

Happy playing & posting
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#109547 - 04/12/05 09:45 AM Re: let the kids have it.......disappeared?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
to the genesys and Gunnar Jonny -

Unfortunately, I feel your daggers are out. We can all bristle a few hairs with our comments. No need to bad-mouth a member who has already given his reasons for leaving and then left. Maybe he didn't need or want any feedback to his post. No matter how good, poor, aggravating, helpful - whatever - someone's comments are, we benefit by reading them. It's good interaction. Esch will be missed, no matter the reason.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 04-12-2005).]

#109548 - 04/12/05 10:13 AM Re: let the kids have it.......disappeared?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
to the genesys and Gunnar Jonny -

Unfortunately, I feel your daggers are out.

Sorry if you feel so about my post cassp, it's my personal meaning about deleting of treads since the topic here is about that kind of matters.
About who's leaving or entering to the forums around, I guess it's like the cycle of life, world turns around, some being born and some dies, some trees grow and other fell, but still the world turns around, at least it does so far.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#109549 - 04/12/05 10:30 AM Re: let the kids have it.......disappeared?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Sometimes I take a step back too. it doesn't happen all that often, but occassionally... Maybe I became so passionate about an issue that I overdid it and came off the wrong way. It's happened... or maybe I was a` bit too easily offended by what someone else had to say.. it's happened.

Sometimes maybe .. just maybe... I was even right..

I just don't handle it the same way I guess. I tend to just quietly step away, rather than announcing it. I don't mean that to imply that it's a more graceful exit, because when something gets out of control, maybe the only graceful way out is to make a decision to let it go and maybe even apologize for what we contributed to it.. more or less clean our side of the street.

I'm just not always that good at it ( cleaning my own side ) .. but, when I talk about it here, and then reread it, it makes sense to me. I'd instead rather try to remember what's really important in my life at this point...... and bickering in a forum ( or anywhere else ) just ain't part of that.. I hope I become better at that...

AJ

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online