SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#108857 - 04/10/03 07:09 AM Sample of new jazz piece
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Here is a part of my first attempt to create a song on the Motif, using the breathe controller with the VL150 basic tenor sax. I will probably redo the sax part once I ( hopefully ) get a bit more proficient with the breathe controller and get more into setting up the physical modeling parameters of the VL board itself. The drum track was created in jammer Pro.

You can access this sample tune by going to http://www.geocities.com/bluezplayer/index.html and then clicking the link that says "click here to listen to a sample of AJ's music.

AJ

#108858 - 04/10/03 07:16 AM Re: Sample of new jazz piece
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Folks I had the pleasure of listening to this last night and WOW! It's worth listening to... AJ really nailed it with this one.. Great drum programing, good piano solo, and he's really getting the hang of that breath controller too.. Great song AJ..

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#108859 - 04/10/03 07:45 AM Re: Sample of new jazz piece
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
AJ,
Looks like we have to sit in line to get on your site and hear your latest as follows:
Yahoo!
Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later. http://www.geocities.com/bluezplayer/index.html
BEBOP

#108860 - 04/10/03 08:06 AM Re: Sample of new jazz piece
trtjazz Offline

AJ.
In a word WOW! Outstanding.

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#108861 - 04/10/03 08:27 AM Re: Sample of new jazz piece
Bluezplayer Offline

Thanks much Squeak and Terry, much appreciated. I really do need more work with the breathe controller ... It took me several takes just to get something I thought was acceptable. All of that was done track at a time using Sonar as an audio recorder, but I didn't do the usual audio editing ( panning, effects, eq, etc ), so it's a rough mix ( but it came out ok anyway ). I just love the Motif.. Fits me like a glove I think, and has just the right key feel for general use on most sounds.

Bebop.. I'm sorry.. I know I need to get me a REAL website so that this doesn't happen any more. If anyone is interested and can't get access to my site sometime today, I'll be glad to send the file to your email addy. It isn't a huge file, about 780 kb long. I'm outta here for the rest of the day... Gone fishin'

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 04-10-2003).]

#108862 - 04/10/03 07:36 PM Re: Sample of new jazz piece
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
AJ, It's too cold to go fishing, especially in upstate NY. The only thing that's running are steelhead, and they're too small to keep. Oh, the song--great job. Wish my fingers were that effecient on the best nights. As for recording with several takes, don't let that bother you one bit. Most of us record songs using more than one take. In fact, the only guy that claimed he didn't is dead now--Sinatra. And I'm not even sure that story was true. Keep up the good work.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#108863 - 04/10/03 08:10 PM Re: Sample of new jazz piece
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Listening to you play. That's why I never claim to be a musician. My arranger allows me to compose usable music. Great job!

------------------
I don't steer the ship, I bail out the water.
DJ
http://www.chipos.com/beachbum/

#108864 - 04/10/03 09:09 PM Re: Sample of new jazz piece
Bluezplayer Offline

Thanks again guys. I guess normal people would say that it has been too cold to go fishing here in the Catskills too, but.. I am obsessive about getting out there when the season begins, so I go trout fishing every April no matter what the conditions are. I just don't spend as much time out there as I would if the weather was better. I even managed to catch a few small browns this week ( stockies unfortunately ), but I really wanted to catch a few delicious Catskill native brookies, or luck into a few of the rainbows that come into the local streams from the Delaware river early in the season. No such luck there.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 04-10-2003).]

#108865 - 04/11/03 12:57 PM Re: Sample of new jazz piece
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
AJ,
Thank you very kindly for Emailing me this latest jazz. It is really fine. You have a fine talent, and I will be looking forward to enjoying more of your work. I have often considered a breath controller having been a working horn man for a number of years but just never had the right keyboard to go for it.
Best to you and yours,
Bebop

#108866 - 04/11/03 01:41 PM Re: Sample of new jazz piece
Bluezplayer Offline

My pleasure. Thanks for listening and for the reply. As I said in my email, coming from someone who knows and has played jazz for many years, it means a lot. I dabble in the genre a good bit, but I've never considered myself a serious traditional jazz player, although I love to listen to it and find that I am getting more and more fond of it as time goes by.

AJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online