SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#108208 - 03/20/07 06:54 AM Re: Embarrasing performance blunders
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Years ago,I was playing bass in a band on a stage about 2 feet high. Irma, a cute new waitress started working that night. I tried to look down her shirt, walked off the stage, broke my glasses, bloodied my knee and scarred up a new Jazz bass...it was WORTH it. Actually, Irma and I became, and are still good friends. I introduced her to a good friend, and they were married for over 30 years before he died.

Now, my "little" friend and I have a great time remembering!And I look at the scar on that old bass and have a good laugh.

Russ

#108209 - 03/20/07 07:05 AM Re: Embarrasing performance blunders
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by MarcK:
Ah but of course there will be SOME catch....Yamaha needs to make sure people will one day upgrade from the S900 as well...I'm guessing that instead of the typical AC adaptor, this thing will require coal...

[This message has been edited by MarcK (edited 03-19-2007).]

They will get people to upgrade by introducing new features and better quality voices. They will introduce voices from the next Tyros. I wonder if Yamaha will introduce the chord strumming feature introduced by Roland.
Starkeeper

#108210 - 03/20/07 07:14 AM Re: Embarrasing performance blunders
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I've asked my repair guy for a complete specifications list and with luck he'll send them to me next week.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#108211 - 03/20/07 07:52 AM Re: Embarrasing performance blunders
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
No way, Donnie. Some of us are NOT DJ's and never will be.

Think about it!

"Old School" Russ

#108212 - 03/20/07 01:39 PM Re: Embarrasing performance blunders
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
I tried to look down her shirt, walked off the stage, broke my glasses, bloodied my knee and scarred up a new Jazz bass...it was WORTH it.
Russ

Russ,

You just gave me a huge belly laugh - thanks

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#108213 - 03/20/07 06:02 PM Re: Embarrasing performance blunders
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Back in the 70's I and another organist were the organ players for the Muskegon Mohawks hockey team. The other player was my teacher and we each took about half of the games.

Before the game people are wandering around and not really paying much attention to what you are playing. Then they announced that the "Star Spangled Banner" will be played by Tom Cavanaugh. All of the sudden 5000 people turn around and become quiet. I started to play and I LOST MY PLACE. I hung on a note at the end of a phrase for what seemed like forever, found my place and finished.

The fans would walk past the organ and say things like "what did you do with the money your folks gave you for lessions?" The theme song for when the Mohawks scored a goal was "Somethings Gotta Give". I would play that after a goal and the fans would say "You can play that but not the National Anthem?"

I practiced that tune for I'll bet a hundred times and never needed the music for it again.

Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 03-20-2007).]

Tom

#108214 - 03/20/07 09:17 PM Re: Embarrasing performance blunders
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Couple of things come to mind.

One old Town Hall we played at had a sloping stage and in those early days of rock'n'roll, virtually every song was an assault on the piano. So there I am pounding away on some Jerry Lee Lewis tune and the piano gently starts to roll down the slope towards the front of the stage. It took me and the bass player to halt its progress, otherwise there could have been a nasty accident.

Another time, when I'd just got a Hohner Pianet, we were playing at a function and a couple of recording co. reps were coming to check us out. Now, the volume, or swell, control on the old Pianet was by way of a knee-operated lever suspended from the underside of the keyboard. Well, I was so nervous that my knee started to tremble uncontrollably and the volume was suddenly all over the place. Couldn't have done any harm, though. We did get our contract with CBS.

[This message has been edited by renig (edited 03-20-2007).]

#108215 - 03/20/07 09:21 PM Re: Embarrasing performance blunders
TP123 Offline

Loc: Fla. / Nashville
I once hit the stage and had forgotten to zip my fly!!!

Lucily nothin popped out!

#108216 - 03/21/07 09:19 AM Re: Embarrasing performance blunders
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
I was playing at a healing service on Monday evening, and was working my way through a set of 7 Praise and Worship songs. As I changed the registration to the sixth song my foot must have accidentally touched the footswitch (I do not use it on that song) and muted the whole keyboard. I obviously still had the default footswitch setting at Volume (I hate that setting!).

Anyway after a moment of panic I figured out what must have been the problem, pulled the footswitch plug out of the back of the keyboard, put my hands in a prayer position and carried on (much to everyone's amusement).

Graham

#108217 - 03/21/07 01:01 PM Re: Embarrasing performance blunders
Dnj Offline

Got to the gig...forgot my keyboard at home !!
had to DJ & Sing for a paycheck that night usibng what I had a LT/Mic & powered speakers!!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online