SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#102566 - 04/27/05 09:59 AM Re: Rayzoon Jamstix Virtual Drummer and Arranger Module - Preliminary Review
Musikman4Christ Offline

Loc: USA
Im really lookin forward to getting this program also. I think drums and bass are the hardest things to program in a synth and having the ability to have a virtual drummer, with the true feel of a real drummer is truly remarkable !!! I really cant wait for the bass one too, since being a guitar player, recording synth is a real challenge. Most of us can play the drums, and bass, but converting that knowledge into musical midi notes is very, very challenging.
This is so cool, because considering OMB can play the bass part, while I let Jamstix do the drums, this I think can relly produce some lively styles to make some good songs....

peace,

Musikman

Musikman
Email:
Musikman4Christ@yahoo.com

#102567 - 05/01/05 06:53 PM Re: Rayzoon Jamstix Virtual Drummer and Arranger Module - Preliminary Review
Musikman4Christ Offline

Guys,
I downloaded the demo and have been rocking all weekend long !!! I love this program. It truly gets you in the spirit of playing specially once you see how awsome it is to feel like a real drummer is playing along with you. And its cool because this PC drummer you can tweak him however you want and will not get mad at you for slowing him or asking him to get a bit more funky..... LOL..

Guys, I was able to use the samples and drumkits of my Motif ES7.. This was really awsome because now I have no limit. I was able to even record the output of Jamstix into the SONG sequencer of my ES using Cubase SX. It really is so awsome because Using it with the ES, I can split up all the drum parts internally in the ES sequencer and send them directly back to Cubase via Mlan as audio.

But Jamstix really brings a whole new joy in recording the drum track. For one, I feel that the drum track is no longer my worst fear. I know many of us use arranger keyboards because we either are experts at guitar, bass or drums, but not many are experts at recording lively and natural drums into a synth. Thats why we love the arranger keyboards because these virtual musicians make our life a lot easier.

But now with Jamstix, the drum track has been taken to a whole new level. I truly recommend this program guys. I can't say it enough. Ralph the developer is also very kind and is always there at the forum helping people, and is on top of requests from users and guess what, he actually puts most of the requests on the updates.. This to me is so awsome because you know that your money will go a long way.

This weekend, my family couldnt believe their ears.. I played and played for hours man.... Family who came to visit couldnt believe that it was my PC playing these drums.. They litereally thought I had a real human drummer in the studio, and they were truly amazed when they saw me alone and with my Motif ES and the PC. As they saw how the program was doing everything in realtime, they were so amazed.

Sometimes it felt a bit spoooky, LOL really. To see the PC program in realtime change all sorts of parameters to interact with how I played the Motif.
Its amazing that people like Ralph have been gifted with this knowledge to make awsome programs like this. It truly make me so happy to be alive in this point in time when I can get to see technology help me make music for God. This is such a blessing, that I'm so overjoyed.. I guess you guys can sense that right. Because truly am so happy to be alive to be able to have this technology....

If you need any help about setting it up with the Motif ES and cubase, please ask me and I will help with what I know.

God bless you all.

------------------
Peace,

Musikman

[This message has been edited by Musikman4Christ (edited 05-02-2005).]

Musikman
Email:

#102568 - 05/02/05 06:08 PM Re: Rayzoon Jamstix Virtual Drummer and Arranger Module - Preliminary Review
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I lost the URL for Jamstix updates when I was cleaning up the laptop. I emailed Zauni and within ten minutes he responded and got me back up and running. That my friends, is service.

There are plenty more examples of it on Rayzoon's own forums. I like dealing with the actual developer so much better than trying to deal with a huge corporation, although I can fully understand and appreciate the practical reasons why there would be a difference.

Still, Rayzoon is right at the top of my list, even in the more user friendly world of smaller developers. When you produce your next app Zauni, I'll be on line to buy it. Thanks

AJ

#102569 - 05/03/05 08:59 AM Re: Rayzoon Jamstix Virtual Drummer and Arranger Module - Preliminary Review
Musikman4Christ Offline

I purchased the full version man. I think there is so much one can do with this cool software program. I know that I will enjoy it big time for a long time and just the fact that it has made me wanna turn on my PC to jam along with my Motif ES, is worth the price of admission.
I have heard people buy other drum programs only to find out how dead and un natural they feel. But JS is totally different. It really reminds me of my ex drummer that I used to play with in my band. How creative and spontaneous he was. I have only touched the surface of what I can do with JS, I can only imagine how much more fun it will be when I combine it with Jambace when it comes out.

But just to hear my PC sound like a real drummer does it for me. You know a lot of us hate working with PCs because of the way theyre designed when compared to hardware, but when you get JS running, and youre jamming along with a softsynth like Superwave, which by the way is FREE at KVR, or even if you use your hardware synth, you begin to see how enjoyable working with a PC can be. Specially with a prgram like Jamstix which is so easy to setup and use. Truly the easies GUI I have ever had a chance to play with on the PC for music.
I recommend if you ever wanted to record some natural sounding drums or even to jam along with the feel of a real drummer playing with you, you have got to try out Jamstix.

Musikman
Email:

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online