SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#101658 - 08/27/04 10:01 PM Any contemporary church kybd players ? - Top songs
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Anybody has NEW great songs to suggest ? I play keyboards and lead worship for small groups.

Lately I have been enjoying:
-Open Up the Sky by Lenny LeBlanc and friend
-You Are Good by Israel Houghton

#101659 - 08/29/04 06:46 PM Re: Any contemporary church kybd players ? - Top songs
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
lukitoh ... I don't play in a Church, but a niece of mine sent this site address ... pretty song ...
http://www.andiesisle.com/imagine.html

t.

#101660 - 08/29/04 07:22 PM Re: Any contemporary church kybd players ? - Top songs
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Among other things, I played Step by Step at Church today (written by Beaker, performed by Rich Mullins) which is a great song; also sang and played the Eddie Espinosa arrangement to Change My Heart which is one of my favorites.

------------------
Graham

#101661 - 08/30/04 07:13 AM Re: Any contemporary church kybd players ? - Top songs
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
I don't play at church, but I love praise & worship. At service on Sunday the worship team played "Great & Mighty is he" by Todd Pettygrove. I think this is a new one on me. A couple of months back a singer in our church sang "Jesus, Draw me close" and I have been playing it ever since. Here is a MIDI file of that song: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/2360/midi.html. It is very simple, but I really like it. Our worship team sing most of the titles from "Revival in Belfast" by Robin Mark.
Starkeeper

#101662 - 08/30/04 07:22 AM Re: Any contemporary church kybd players ? - Top songs
RW Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
lukitoh,

what's up? I play in my church's praise band and I too am on the look out for new songs all the time. May I suggest a couple websites:
www.worshiptogether.com www.worshipideas.com

I get ideas from both of these sites regularly. Often time they give away free sheet music , midi files and mp3's of the songs which it totally cool.

StarKeeper.
We just introduced "Jesus Draw Me Close" this past month. Excellent tune.

Peace
Bob
<><

#101663 - 08/30/04 08:32 AM Re: Any contemporary church kybd players ? - Top songs
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
I just played my Tyros in a piano/kbd duet yesterday in our worship service. The song we played was "The Power of Your Love" (Maranatha! Music) The arrangement came from a book entitled, "Acoustic and Electric" by Word Music. The book contains contemporary prais and worship songs arranged for piano and keyboard. Great resource for offertories or preludes!

Our worship teams' current favorites include "God of Wonders", "Be Unto Your Name", "In Christ Alone, and "This Kingdom".

BTW - We are starting our communion service this coming Sunday with "Jesus Draw Me Close".

I'm happy to see others sharing their comments regarding praise and worship music. Maybe some day there will be a new forum here dedicated to this genre.

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#101664 - 08/30/04 09:23 AM Re: Any contemporary church kybd players ? - Top songs
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Although I don't play on a church worship team I do enjoy playing songs of a religious and spiritual nature.

Here are two songs I completed recently on my Tyros keyboard; that, due to the SZ Hard Drive crash I wasn't able to post.... until now. This would be a good thread to post them in too. The songs are "As the Deer" and "You Alone" which is an original. I am using internal Styles plus all the instruments I'm playing are from the Tyros. Also, I set up both songs using Registrations.

As the Deer

You Alone

The first song is a slow ballad (worship) type song while the second is a lively upbeat (praise) type song.

I recorded both songs in realtime to my Tyros' sequencer plus the second song, i.e. "You Alone" I added some Multipads in realtime when recording to my PC multitracking software. I hope you enjoy them! Thanks Han 'lukitoh' for bringing up this topic.

Best regards,
Mike

#101665 - 08/30/04 11:19 AM Re: Any contemporary church kybd players ? - Top songs
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Lukitoh,

I'll get you our praise band songlist later. I just don't have it memorized.

Tom

Tom

#101666 - 08/30/04 11:57 AM Re: Any contemporary church kybd players ? - Top songs
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
I like many of the old songs and we play them a lot too.

Have you guys listened to some of the newer songs ? I think they are outstanding. Great rythms, words, etc. Keep an open mind and after you listen to it a few times, you will be hooked !

Go to audiblefaith and check out "Open up the Sky" and also "You are Good" by Israel Houghton
http://www.audiblefaith.com/sitesearch

People at our congregation, old and young jumped up and down with these songs. They are new songs but I think they will be a classic after a while.

#101667 - 08/30/04 11:40 PM Re: Any contemporary church kybd players ? - Top songs
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Here is another song I made about a month ago on my Tyros. I am playing all the Choir voices plus I layered my Tyros' Hammond X77 Organ about a third way into the song.

Everything is done in realtime and recorded directly to my PC multitrack recording software.

Come Lord

PS: I debated about posting this song because it may have a tendency to sound a little unnatural on lesser quality PC speakers and/or you don't have a quality Sub Woofer with your PC speakers. If you have professional quality headphones such as the Sennheiser HD 280PRO headphones, etc. or a quality external sound system to play it through then you should not experience any problems.

Best regards,
Mike

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online