SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#100859 - 01/29/02 11:17 AM In defense of ONE Gem product.......
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Maybe I was too hasty when I said that NO Gem instrument sounds good to me. I played the Pro2 "Real Piano" at length today, and I like it alot. It has a graphic EQ that works great and has an on/off button. It has splits, layers and performances, and it feels terrific. I was so surprised. My friend (a Gem dealer) offered one to me for a ridiculously low price and that's why I tried it . After trying it - I was so impressed that I sold two on eBay already ! I might even keep one for myself, if the Korg SP500 doesn't sound as good.
I'm shocked.
I'm stunned.
I like it.

#100860 - 01/29/02 03:10 PM Re: In defense of ONE Gem product.......
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Uncle Dave,

I have tried this instrument long time ago So I cannot remember it. How do you compare it to P80?

#100861 - 01/29/02 03:20 PM Re: In defense of ONE Gem product.......
Uncle Dave Offline

really very close - the on board graphis is a plus, and the feel is a little lighter - I like that.

#100862 - 01/29/02 03:48 PM Re: In defense of ONE Gem product.......
flowerssupply Offline

Loc: Ireland
Dave did you try the Corg Sgid Piano ? I only want to see if you feel that the Pro 2 is equal or better? Pierce

#100863 - 01/29/02 04:11 PM Re: In defense of ONE Gem product.......
Uncle Dave Offline

I never liked the Korgs. I played every digital model for the last 10 years, and they all left me flat. The SG1D was a popular model around here with "real" piano guys, but I think the feel was more lifelike than the sound. I didn't like the uneveness between low & hi registers.
This new Pro2 was pretty impressive - so much so that I was TRYING to NOT like it, because of past experience. I failed that task, and came away a fan. I stated before that "older" technology sounds dated real fast, and that's where i put the Korg - it's not bad, it just old. It's not a s fresh and lifelike as the newer stuff. Is it playable - Sure, but it's not a realistic compared to the new stuff.
...You asked.

#100864 - 01/29/02 05:29 PM Re: In defense of ONE Gem product.......
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hey flowersupply ,
I have one of those Korg sampling grands in the store now ! Used of course . It's very nice , but a little heavey .
Need a back up ?
In regards to GEM ......... feature for feature GEM arranger's could not be beat !
I have a WK4 powerstation at my store . Help screens , Notation , 16 track sequencer and easy to record styles . The sound engine just wasn't to my taste . The PRO1 + PRO2 pianos that General music made were very nice as well ! dano

#100865 - 01/29/02 06:42 PM Re: In defense of ONE Gem product.......
Shakil Offline

so you have been disliking ALL GEM instrument sonund without actually playing ALL of them? Generalising is always misleading, and often a mistake.
No wonder you are shocked, stunned.. I am glad you liked it.

[This message has been edited by Shakil (edited 01-29-2002).]

#100866 - 01/29/02 06:47 PM Re: In defense of ONE Gem product.......
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Shikal,
i am not sure if your statement was directed at me but , I have seen + played just about every product General Music has produced over the last 6 years . dano

#100867 - 01/29/02 06:55 PM Re: In defense of ONE Gem product.......
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The Generalmusic WK8se powerstation has the pro2 piano sounds and the natural string resonance feature along with a great arranger section and all the good features of the previous WK8 keyboard. Dave, if you like the Pro2, wait until you hear the new Pro Mega keyboard they just released. And the good news is that very shortly the Pro1 and Pro2 will be replaced with lighter and less expensive ProMega keyboards. Check out the Generalmusic web site to see info about the new ProMega keyboard. I hope i've been typing the right model name. I'm pretty sure it is called the promega.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
(Retired 2021)

#100868 - 01/29/02 07:42 PM Re: In defense of ONE Gem product.......
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
George,

Did they include the ProMega sounds in Genesys?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online