Quote:
Originally posted by g,mon:
I am finding it very hard to select the different tones on the G70. When you select a bank for example the Sax/Trumpet bank you get a list of the saxafones and tumpets available. The problem is, if eg you have selected an the Alto blow Sax then you select a piano sound and now you want a trumpet u again press the Sax/Trumpet bank and you get the previosly selected Sax sound (which you do not want)

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex K:
Godfrey,

This was the problem on VA- series as well, IMHO, as well as with many other keyboards, like Tyros, etc.
Regards,
Alex

The Bank selects on the Tyros are not intermingled with different category Voices. When you select the Trumpet panel button you get Trumpets and Trombones i.e. Brass instruments not Saxophones, i.e. Reed/Woodwind instruments, etc. together WITH Brass instruments like the G70 does.

The only Voice category buttons on the Tyros that list more than one type instrument for one display is the Flute/Clarinet and the Drums/Percussion buttons. But as you see Flutes and Clarinets are all Woodwind/Reed instruments. Yet the Tyros has two different and distinct buttons for different category Reed/Woodwind instruments, i.e. Saxophones and Flute/Clarinets making it more convenient and less confusing. Two 'separate' buttons; Saxophones being considered more of a Brass related instrument where the sound blends well with Brass instruments (sounding like Brass related instruments) as apposed to Flute or Clarinets. Bravo! Yamaha.

And as for the Drums/Percussive button on the Tyros I see no conflict since a Drum is as much of a Percussion instrument as a Vibraphone or Marimba is. And the Percussive instruments, i.e. Vibraphone, etc. are 'separated' from the Drum Kits on different pages so there should be no confusion as to what Voice you want and need or what Voice you are looking for.

Best regards,
Mike