I have considered an adapter and used them, but I'm using all three channels, and the adapters are a little flimsy. Also, I need a
separate volume control for the CD channel
(I use a player with a line out). I have also used a Mixpad 9 mixer into the line channel, which is extremely quiet and gives me more channels than I need. But that's sort of a toss-up between in cabinet and a six channel head with effects, vs, a submixer, a ART effects box for vocals. a boss delay for guitar, extra cords a power supply for the Mixpad, etc. I'm actually looking at the latest "green" version of what you just bought. I think the difference is two effect chips, which is useful when I use a guitar and a vocal mike.

The unit you have is GREAT as an acoustic guitar amplifer and a low volume bass amplifier. I use it on all my nylon string jobs and my fretless and upright bass jobs.

The CArvin folks have always been great to work with. When they shipped me the wrong cabinet (the green one that matches your new unit), they acknowledged the error, and, because I kept it, they shipped me some long PA cables and a passable vocal mike, no charge.

Enjoy!

Russ