Cigarette addition has been described as worse than heroin, and I sincerely believe this is the case. I smoked for more than 30 years, tried quitting a half-dozen times, and finally, 20 years ago, I was laying in bed with a moderate to severe case of pnumonia and gasping for every breath. I fell asleep for about an hour, woke up and reached for a cigarette. At that point, I quit--cold turkey.

The secret success, at least for me, was to have my wife toss all of the ash trays in the trash can, wash anything that smelled like cigarette smoke, and tossed that last pack of cigarettes in the trash as well.

For the next two weeks, I was the most misserable SOB on the planet to live with. And, for at least a year or more I would wake up in the middle of the night, dreaming I had a cigarette in my hand.

Now, after nearly 20 years, the smell of cigarette smoke becomes noxious, even when I'm outdoors. I gues there's nothing really worse than a ex-smoker!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)