I always change keyboards at least once a year anyway. So far the 2K is into its seventh month and no problems (except for the well-documented OS fiasco).
It still looks and plays like new. I'm used to spending $2000 or more a year on a keyboard (less what I sell the old one for). I'm not at all disappointed in the value-for-money aspect of the 2K, and, under normal circumstances, would be very happy considering the sound, features, weight, cost and other factors. If this one started giving me problems I would (again under normal circumstances) just buy another one.
But, I won't, because I have not forgiven Yamaha for lying to us about the OS. Maybe it's silly, but I will definitely switch brands out of protest.
I will either sell the 2000, or sell the 8000 and keep the 2000 for backup. But first I have to decide what to buy, and there is no hurry.
My choices are limited because of parameters I've set as to what is right for me. It must have a great mic processor/vocal harmonizer. It can't be TOO heavy. Of course it must have great sounds and styles.
I'm not like Uncle Dave. I don't play left-hand bass well enough to get by with just that (and don't have any inclination to). And I don't want to use many sequences. I need the "band" to follow me and be waiting for any curve I throw at it. The 2K does this just fine. But I want something else that will do it better, and a company that will listen to us. All arrows point to Ketron. Korg is awfully close too.
But, as usual, I've gotten away from the thread. It seems to me that it's not too unusual to see a few problems, as Uncle Dave and Larry are having. For example, the joy stick spring on my Roland G800 broke after 3 weeks. The buttons became sluggish and hard to push after 3 months. Yet Fran has played the G1000 for years now, with no apparent problems. I am quite gentle with my keyboards. Not saying others aren't but these are extreme conditions under which we use them. Maybe it's too early to panic on the 2k. Scott Yee, Eddie and I probably play ours as much as anyone and they seem to be holding up as well as can be expected.
DonM