It's funny. I'm not so upset about this, I kind of expected it as my ex-PSR 740 lasted about six months before I needed repair. I bought a second one and waited as the first one got repaired.

I owned a Solton X1 for a little while - a very sturdy looking keyboard - and that broke down under home use!

Everything breaks. That's a fact. My PSR2000 stopped performing well after over 250 gigs. During two gigs yesterday, I noticed that I had to press the section C button harder and harder to activate it. Funny, now that it's home and I switched it with my other keyboard, it seems to work again. But I'll still get it repaired.

Cars break. Fortunately, there is not a three week turnaround on a car. There usually is on professional music gear.

A serious pro would keep an extra keyboard in his car. A not so serious pro like myself keeps an extra keyboard at home. I risk the shame and embarrassment if my keyboard totally breaks down at an important gig. I have space for an extra everything in my car, but not for an extra keyboard.

Thankfully, the music Gods spared me this embarrassment, and my gigs went off without a hitch.

In the meantime, I have a slightly faulty PSR2000 in my studio to practice on while it's in queue at the repair center. The other PSR2000 remains faithfully in the trunk of my car. Not such a bad situation.

I would still rather own two PSR2000s than one of any other arranger keyboard. No matter how sturdy that keyboard is, if it does break, I'm dead meat without another one.

Larry