Goldie Hawn said this in the movie "Protocal" :

"If someone sells you a diamond for ten cents - chances are, you just bought a diamond that's not worth a dime !"

We were all kidding ourselves because we wanted to believe that this unit could handle a moderate schedule of use. I fear we were wrong.
Great features - yes
Great sound - yes
Great value ...... hmmmmm, that's a tough one

The fact is - it's built like a toy. It's not a "light" action - it's a FLIMSY action.
I'm sure it could have been made stronger without adding THAT much to the overall weight. I'm also sure that weight was NOT a major consideration in this keyboard - they never intended it to leave the house.

In perspective - it's a very, very full featured TOY, but it's not going to make the switch to "road gear" - even in moderate use. It is simply NOT built to handle a nominal ammount of regular keyboard playing techniques. I believe that it was designed to sit on your dining room table, and please the folks with one finger melodies and simple chords.

I sure hope they address this situation very soon, because this solo market is booming, and so far - NO one is taking our needs seriously. All the higher end stuff is STILL aimed at band players that use outboard systems, or soloists that play real loud.

What about the guys that play hundreds of smaller venues, and simply can't justify bringing in a separate system when it is inapropriate? I can't tell you how many times, even a small amp and a mixer would be an eyesore in a situation. These portable keyboards have given us the ability to play parties that would otherwise have to be done on a piano. It broadens our appeal, and widens our audience, but at the same time - the look, and the simplicity of a "piano/player - piano/bar" is what the client has in mind. Lot's of my affairs are played with acoustic grand pianos, and I put my board on top for rhythm and bass. It adds SO much to the alternative, and still maintains the neat, tidy look of a beautiful piece of furniture, WITHOUT a mess of tangles wires, milk crates stacked up, or ugly poles sticking up into someone's living room. Some of my regular clients have homes that cost more than some of the clubs I play in, and an unsightly, road-worn sound system would certainly loose the effect of a classy musician in a nice suit or a tux - sitting in the corner of an elegant party room...... trying to entertain a crowd without giving anyone an earache!