Gawd, that slow walkin' Walter is hilarious. Can you post the lyric you wrote? I'd love to read it or hear it.

Quote:
Originally posted by shboom:
Funny Stuff Nigel.
In 1992 or 93, I can't recall exactly, one of our local FM stations received a song request for "Slow Walkin' Walter...Fire Engine Guy". The DJ Ed Bain (100.3 the Q), and all the other staff were having a great laugh at this poor shmuck who misinterpretted the lyrics to Deep Purple's "Smoke On The Water", and they continued to razz the guy for days on end.
Always looking to help the underdog.. .and get a laff when I can...
...I went home and laid down 8 tracks of music & lyrics, writing all new parody lyrics to "Smoke On The Water."

The next day I phoned the radio station to tell them I had a very rare copy of "Slow Walkin' Walter, Fire Engine Guy", to which their reply was..."Huh???"

I dropped off the tape to the Q (FM station) in the morning, on my way to work. The song went to number 1 and stayed there for 4 or 5 days. Our local TV channel CHEK 6, interviewed me, and it was all over the news for a couple of days...(these people really need to get a life). The Q (100.3FM)
http://www.theq.fm/
included it on a parody/comedy CD entitled "Dumb Side of the Moon", which was sold with all proceeds going to a Children's Hospital.
Approximately $12000 was raised for the Children's Hospital.

I never received, nor was I ever expecting to receive any renumeration. I just did it for a laff....
...but it was nice that my little part contributed towards some needly kids in hospital.

------------------
Me Bill
Yamaha PSR2000