PBS does an oldies doo wop show, around fund raising time, that features what is left of all those groups. Some great stuff, some of the old guys are "carried" by the younger band members as far as high harmony. But pbs sells cd's, tapes, and dvd's of the live performance. Loyd Price, Jerry Butler, Little Anthony and the Imperials, Coasters, Crystals, Edsels, Chiffons, Tokens and alot more. The Dvd's are on the PBS website as Doo Wop 50 and Rock and Roll at 50 and a couple more.

One more thing I think is interesting back in the late 50's and 60's you heard Sinatra, Johnny Cash, The Ventures, Conway Twitty and Doo Wop all on the same radio station we grew up exposed to all kinds of music. A hit was a hit you heard "strangers in the night" right next to the Beatles, next to "I walk the line." Songs like "Lonely Bull", "Cherry pink" "I left my Heart in San Francisco" and Led Zepplin, we were exposed to all that great music from one station, now it is so fragmented there are three kinds of country stations, And I don't even know how many kinds of rock and other formats.

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 01-28-2005).]