Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:
[B]Hey Eddie...Do you remember the name of the drive inn in Cherry Hill on Rt 70 at the Rt 38 junction circle???? and wasn't Bob Horn
the host on Phila. Bandstand before Dick Clark...isn't he the one that had the scandal with the 16 yr old girl??? Gerry Blavitt was just starting out...do you remember "Georgie Woods, the Man With the Goods"??? it all started the Doo Wop movement
back then...when all of the movie houses had
intermission between features and had stage
shows featuring live bands.B]

Tony...
I know the drive-in you are talking about and I think it was just called "The Cherry Hill Drive-In". At least, that is what we called it. The one I frequented most was on Rt 78 in Palmyra, NJ across from the Roger Wilco Liquor store.

Some of the best stage shows I saw were at the Uptown Theater in Philly. They featured a lot of the old R&R groups, plus the likes of Count Basie and comedians such as Red Foxx.

Yes, I remember Georgie Woods. And yes again on Bob Horn. He left WFIL Channel 6 in disgrace. Dick Clark picked up the show and took it national renaming it "American Bandstand".

Thanks for the post. I enjoy your posts about Cozumel and hope to get down to see you someday.

Eddie