Man, I love West Virginia gun laws. I'm a strong supporter of the statement "Guns don't kill people, people kill people". West Virginia is one of those states that still has the "plain view" laws on the book with no intention of removing them (HORAY!).

Here in West Virginia you can carry a side arm without a permit as long as it's in plain view, and you're the legal owner of the weapon (and if you are legally permited to own a firearm). An officer may question you in public, but if you are within the law they'll give the pistol back to you and say "have a nice day".

I STRONGLY support the issue that "a weapon in plain view will deter crime". A crook is less likely to approach you to steal your wallet or take your car before you even open the door if they see (in plain view) that you're armed.

Not too long ago a 70 year old man was almost car jacked here locally, but the crook stopped dead in his tracks when he realized grandpa was packing some heat. The elderly guy had a Colt model 1911 .45 in plain view

Today was a fun day. I went to the local gun store, and picked up a new pistol. Got a 380 semi auto. I carry a pistol in plain view when in public. Makes me feel much safer that way.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 05-29-2007).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.