Well I'm 50 now born in 1954 the same year as the Fender Stratocastor and I still play one even now ( 39 when I started Synth Zone ... 51 coming up soon ) but what the hell age doesn't matter at all. Especially on an online forum like this where we are all the same. It's all in the way you think. We have members here that range from 15 - 80+ and that's what I love about this community. We get input from all age groups and no-one cares how old the other members are but just what sort of people they are. And I think the mix of ages just adds a better variety of opinions and ideas than if we were all from the one generation. It's a good thing having younger enthusiasm and experimentation combined with maturity and experience. We can only benefit from it.

Besides musicians have a different attitude towards age than the general public. When I was 13 and learning to play guitar I had the same respect and admiration for my peers at the time like The Beatles, Stones and Hendrix as I did for Django Reinhardt from the 30s and Charlie Christian with Benny Goodman in the 40s. And even today I love hearing new artists and I don't care whether they are older or younger than me, just what sort of music they create.

It's all about the music !!!

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 02-24-2005).]