Thanks so much, Nigel! I haven't played this old baby regularly since about 1985, but it was my main instrument when I played guitar six nights a week for nearly 20 years. This is the one I used when I started playing jazz.

I have many more valuable jazz guitars, but I paid my way through grad school with this one.It was my main instrument. I remember I paid $368.00 including case and tax...a lot of money then for a struggling student. Last night, I put new strings on and am going to use it and a Fender Superchamp
for a while. It is my sentimental favorite. It's not worth much, but we've been around the block together, so, to me, it's priceless!I wish you and Fred could play it.
I forgot how sweet it really sounds.

You guys really helped me bring back some GREAT memories! In 1974 I was playing the Guild at an upscale Italian instrument in a nearby town with my trio. George Benson was there having dinner. No one but me recognized him, at first. I had 3 or four of his albums (Verve, or Blue Note...I don't remenber which). He came up on a break and checked out the Guild. He had been a Guild demonstrator at one time, and used a Guild for most of his jazz instrumental albums. He didn't play on stage that night, but was extremely complimentary and gracious. This was several years before he recorded "Breezin".

Thanks so much to all who contributed to this thread and tolerated the rantings of an old "picker".

Russ