Quote:
Originally posted by royandreno:
Hey Nigel! I've got two of those things you don't get excited about!
But they are dead quiet with the Vetta II combo and great for recording!!

I wasn't putting the Variax down royandreno because I really do think Line 6 make great equipment. It's just that silicon chips do become obselete so quickly nowadays so having a guitar tied to the current technology scares me. But as you say if it sounds great now it will always sound great. I hadn't heard from someone that actually owned one so it is good to hear that they are good instruments. You have 2 so you must be very happy with their sound and performance. Now I'll have to find one and play it to satisfy my curiosity now that you have recommended them. The versatility of having such a range of tones in one guitar is certainly tempting.

Are you using them in live gigs ? How well does the sound cut through drums and bass in that playing situation ? What made you decide to buy a second one ? Now I am intrigued and but I'm sure you can understand why I would be wary of a guitar based on current computer technology. I tried using my Line 6 POD live for effects and modelling but ended up deciding my Fender tube amp sounded better with the guitar plugged straight in. I get best results with the POD running it into my solid state powered cabinet that I use with my Motif 6. Even though I don't use the POD at gigs I take it in case I ever have amp problems with my tube amp and I always have the keyboard amp there as a backup.