Hi Soak,
the only benefit in owning EMC Style conversion software, would be if you intend to convert styles from another brand of keyboard. Might be a tad risky converting from just, say Roland to Korg because of the drumkits & sounds involved with oriental styles.
Most keyboards have similar western type drums & sounds, but may not be the case with ethnic kits etc.
Even then styles still require editing.

Download yourself a manual, there are usually tables at the back which give you a list of sounds & drum sounds. http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/products/pa800_man.html?en

Also have a look at the style creation section. It's amazing what you can do onboard.

If you're wanting EMC as some sort of a style editor, then no, I wouldn't bother.
It's main function is converting styles.

If you don't own some sort of PC sequencing software, then, that might be worth getting down the track. Everthing you should need is onboard , but sometimes it's just a bit easier on a PC screen with all the style tracks in front of you.

I use a couple of sequencers
XG Works ( no longer made, I use it for converting my Yamaha styles) & no, it's not conversion software.

PG's Powertracks 12 , quite inexpensive & does everything I need.

Main thing is to decide which keyboard you want.
If you go for a Korg, check the specs via the site above.

As for Indian styles, maybe ask on the forum as to what may be available.
They're not a type of style I use myself.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by soak:
Wow - Thanks for such a comprehensive answer. I really appreciate it. I think the choice (for my needs) is clear - Korg PA800 over T2/T3.

One last question - if I may - Do you think I would benefit from having Styleworks from EMC - or do you think the style editing/manipulating capabilities on the PA800 are good enough ?

Thanks

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022