Hello all,

I am a newbie to this forum. I am not sure whether to post this question in General Arranger or Yamaha arranger or Korg Arranger - so if this is in the wrong section - please pardon me.

I currently have a Korg iS35 and am looking to upgrade. I am struggling between choosing a Tyros 2/3 versus a Korg PA800/PA2X.

I play Indian style music which involves instruments ( mostly drums - like tabla/dholak etc) that are not native to either of these arrangers. I use an external (Roland JV80) sound module currently (which has excellent sounds (on a Asia card).

Also the styles required are not native to these arrangers either (I'm sure I can buy third party stuff - but....)

I was wondering if you guys could comment on this issue based on the following :

1) I need to be able to send (MIDI) only the Drums (and may be percussion) from the arranger autoaccompaniment (style) to the external sound module (so I can use tabla from the Roland) - while playing the other accompaniment tracks as well as LOWER/UPPER etc from arranger. From what I have read - this is easily (?) doable on the Korg, but you have to go through hoops on the Tyros (?)

2) I need to be able to create (Indian type)styles either by modifying existing ones or starting from scratch. I think both arrangers (T2/T3 as well as the Korgs) allow this - but I'd appreciate any feedback from you experts whether one is easier than the other.

I have read a ton of stuff on both these arrangers - both seem phenomenal - and I can't make up my mind - and would really appreciate any help from you guys.

Thanks