Hi Soak,
I have a korg pa800 and an old yamaha psr1500.
I don't think the midi & controller functions differ much ( if at all ) between the t2 and my psr1500.
I found trying to connect my sd2 sound module to my psr a nightmare. I couldn't send the correct bank & program change numbers. Mind you, the sd2 doesn't have any buttons of it's own, so I was dependant on my keyboard sending out the bank & program changes.
The Korg PA800 worked perfectly as a midi controller & was able to send the bank & program changes to the sd2. Parts could be set to play internally, externally or both.
I haven't done it in a while, my sd2 got corrupted during a system update & I haven't gotten round to getting it repaired

As for style editing, the pa800 ( pa2x) is brilliant. Internal & User styles can be totally edited onboard. Even list editing of all style tracks, copying of tracks or complete style parts. Pads can be copied into style tracks & vice versa.
A complete style can be saved as a midifile.
Exported into a sequencer for editing, then be Imported back in, should one choose to use pc software.
Style availability for Indian styles, I really don't know what's available in the way of 3rd party styles.
Check out the Korg Forum http://korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=50

Maybe someone can help .

I think there is some sort of oriental PA500 available. Don't know anything about it. There are some differences between PA800 & PA500's. PA500's don't have a sampler & I think they have less polyphony.
Some other minor differences also, there is a comparison list on Korg Website.

best wishes
Rikki

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 01-26-2010).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022