Before keyboards and technology entered, my band; Drums, bass, keyboard, sax and myself on guitar and vocal, used “Sets”. They were 5 to 6 songs that seem to blend together – followed by another set with was Latin, Rock or Disco. We did not always play all the songs in each set.

Ex. New York, New York to Leroy Brown to a T42 Cha Cha – to a ballad ect. So we were thinking sets not song. I gave a lot of time to the order of these songs. The biggest problem was trying to remember what was on a list of 600-700 songs, and then deciding. Because I have always allowed my inner feelings to decide I needed to see the list. One or two songs always stood out. I must add in those days we memorized most of the songs so all we needed was a song tittle. If I tried that today there would be large periods of silence. (Smile)

The KN7 bank view gave me that shopping option. Scan through the banks while playing and then press a button. Every SD load offered another 60 to 104 songs, depending how you used A,B and C banks. My set up started with the KN5000 and was upgraded with each new keyboard. When the KN7 came the method was part of me, second nature. I do have a bit of advice –Get a method – stay with it – refine it over a period of time and you will have something special. If it is not great you will know in a short time.

I have no comment about Bob’s method because I have never gone in that direction, it may be a better way to go -- ??? Don’t know.

WHAT IS MISSING HERE IS WHAT IS THE KEYBOARD BEING USED FOR – JOBS, CHURCH, NURSING HOMES, CONDO PARTIES --ECT --
THAT FACTOR CHANGES SO MUCH.

Hey, this is fun – talking about our favorite instrument, John C.