I echo Benno's sentiments. Bill, many thanks for your fine inital report on the KN7000. It's terrific that you own BOTH the KN6000 & KN7000 to offer a true side by side comparison. Interesting to hear that the KN7000's acoustic piano sample (crisper and meaty at the bottom end) is substantially (WOW) improved over the KN6000 (which I had thought was quite impressive already) in spite of the fact that you say the bass output on the KN7000 is substantially less than on the 6000. I look forward to reading your report after you have both KBs hooked up to a single external speaker setup.

It's also reassuring to hear that the KN7000's does not move or bounce when the panel's arranger buttons are pressed (fairly firmly). This had been a major concern of mine. I just hope that over time, the panel's hinge won't eventually loosen making the panel less stable.

I hope that Technics reputation for its fantastic arranger 'chord recognition table' on the KN6000/6500 (in BOTH full keyboard & split kb modes) is continued on the KN7000 as well. Some of these advanced 'rootless' style chord voicings include a variation of the famous Bill Evans Jazz (A/B) voicings:
These include:

in BOTH 'full keyboard (pianist) mode' & 'split keyboard mode' (notes played as a chord with left hand):

(lowest,middle,top): Chord:
(F - C - E): Dm7(9)
(F - B - E): G7(13)
(E - A - D): C6(9)
(B - F - A): G7(9)

(E-A-Bb-D): C13
(E-Bb-D): C7(9)
(Bb-D-E-A): C13
(Bb-E-G): C7

Full Keyboard (pianist) mode:
(left hand) (right hand): Chord:
(Eb - A - D) (G - C - F): F7(13)
(A-Eb-G) (C-F) : F7(9)

I'm most drawn to Technics KN arrangers for their excellent support of jazz style chord recognition, traditional jazz swing styles (terrific for playing those classic jazz standards), and impressive acoustic grand piano samples, so Bill, I'm hoping you (or others) can test out the above chord voicings on the KN7000 and report if the above chord voicings are recognized as similar to the above.

I'm looking forward to hearing further reports from you on the KN7000. Thanks again and have FUN playing your new KB. - Scott