GREAT NEWS!!! I met Kate Roman today at the Quality Inn. She said that she and her GM had been talking about our conference room requirements. They felt that perhaps the "1/4 of the ballroom" might not be the best for our situation, inasmuch as we're going to be playing music etc and there is a chance that there could be something going on in another part of the ballroom. They have a former dining room which is HUGE - she suggested that we use that room. It has it's own entrance, it's own restroom facilities, etc. and does not adjoin another conference room.
Regarding the 31'st and a possible $200 charge for that day, she is going to email me with a couple suggestions regarding a luncheon set-up for the 2 days, that way she can throw the room in for 31'st. If we want to take advantage of this, I can post info. regarding the luncheons and the costs. If we decide to just take the room for the 29th and 30th, we can do that as well.
Frankly, I suggest that we jump on this ASAP, if for no other reason than to have the very large room for our "Jam".
She indicated that she'll set-up a master file, and when making reservations, indicate that it's for the "Yahoo conference" Her info is:
Kate Roman, Catering Manager
Quality Inn, 6525 US 27 North
Sebring, Florida, 33870
Phone: 863-385-4500
Fax: 863-385-8436
email: k_roman@qualityinnsebring.com

She suggested getting your reservations taken care of ASAP so that she can reserve a block of adjoining rooms for us. She said that if for some reason you are unable to speak with her directly, leave a message and she will contact you.