Hi All, Jim Helwig here....sorry I don't get in as much as I'd like. I would happily check availability of facilities here in Sebring for the Jam #2. 2 venues come to mind right away, we have a large "Quality Inn" as well as a new "Holiday Inn Express". I'm sure that some sort of package arrangement could be done similar to what you had last year. In addition, I have a friend who operates a shuttle service and could be gotten to get folks to and from the airport. If I twist his arm enough, I think I can get him to give us a lower rate, lol. The only suggestion I might have is that those flying in use Orlando airport (the Tampa airport is a nightmare to get in and out of).
I would propose that those flying in attempt to work their reservations around the arrival time of our British attendees. As soon as they know their arrival time, others flying in could attempt to make reservations to coincide as closely as possible. That way, Mel (my shuttle buddy) can minimize the number of trips to and from the airport.
Let me know if there is a consensus of opinion as to whether I should proceed further.
For those that don't know about Sebring, it's a quaint Florida town, quite a bit of history to it. Orange groves all over, lol. It's located about an hour and a half South-West of Orlando. Shopping is available for the ladies, both downtown and at a Mall.
There are a number of fine restaurants available, and if the Jam happens to fall on a Wednesday night, those that wish can come to the restaurant that I play at for a nice dinner and some KN7000 entertainment.
Let me know if you want me to proceed....
Jim Helwig