Thank you 800DV, that is what I have been looking for. Your descrption is what I have been wanting to know for quite some time now. As for analog and analog modleing synthesizers you hit the nail on the head. Yes as a matter of fact I do want to be able to create my own sounds. A music teacher/friend of mine from high school, had a Minimoog synthesizer, which really intrgued me with all those knobs and switches, and no presets(patches). It was in his electronic music class (1989-1990, senior year HS) where he introduced me too the minimoog. Unfortuneatly I did not leran a lot, not a very well structered class, but it was fun nontheless. That's when it hit me I wanted to have my very own minimoog. But alas by the time I was old enough to buy one and have the money they had become redsicoverd and be came too expensive for me to afford. I did eventulaly by my former music teachers Yamaha DX-7IIFD for $500.00 back in 1994. But I soon lost interest in it, becuse it had presets, and no knobs and was digital. Traded it in for a Mirage DSK, because I thought I try my hand at sampleing, but never did much. Bought an ARP omni, that is still not getting a lot of use. Latter bought a Korg Poly-61, still never much use. Bought an AXXE off of ebay, which I still mess with. Not as easy to work with as a moog synth. Bought a Korg Poly 800, sold it. Tradeded the Mirage and Poly-61 for a Kawai K5000s, sold that, bought a JX-305, sold it. Bought a Casio HZ600 sold it too. Had a Casio CTK-711EX sold it too. So now I am just down to the axxe and omni. But I cannot part with either one. Mostly since they are early versions of each, and the are booth analog. So you can see what a perdicament I have been in. I think I had jsut been buying the wrong hardware. I am not a musicsan, although I have had some piano leassons from 5-21 years old, never practiced very much, and relly HATED playing the piano. Plus sheet music is all GREEK! to me. But I still love synthesizers, and will still love to have one even though I do not play very well. At least not Billy Joel or Mozart well, far from it. No I just know enough to figure out notes to play on a keyboard. But what you have told me really seems to have given me some direction of what too look for. BTW $,1000.00 to $2,000.00 for a Minimoog? Isn't that how much they cost when brand new?