Actually the list price of the MInimoog was $1500.00 and Rhythm City here in Atlanta where I live sold them for around $1300.00 and then in 1982 when the Korg Polysix and Roland Juno-6 and Juno-60 they were being sold for around $350.00 . I have 4 Minimoogs , I bought them all in the late 80s when you couldn't give them away . Just a couple of years ago people were paying more than $2000.00 for them , that's because they are not smart people and they believed the sales article when they said "RARE " . There is nothing rare about a Minimoog , they were made from 1970 - 1981 and sold well over 10,000 units . Most of Moogs synthesizers in the late 70s did not do as well like the Minitmoog , Satelite , Opus 3 , Polymoog , MicroMoog , and MultiMoog . Just When Midi came out , Moog released the MemoryMoog ( there only true polyphonic programmable synthesizer ) which didn't have midi , never stayed in tune , and never properly worked , then Moog music was dead . The PolyMoog was really an organ with extra features like waveform selection , modulation and envelope controls . But it went through 300 engineering changes before it ever really worked . They were so poorly made that static electricity from you're fingers could damage it . Arp had the OMNI , OMNI II , SOLINA 4 , QUADRA , and Chroma . Arp was unique because they made more versatile synthesizers like the 2600 , Solus , AXXE , Odyssey which could be used with the ARP Squencer as well as Roland gear . Roland was into making systems as well . Oberheim made a system before Midi which was the OB-8 , DSX sequencer , and DM drummachine . But Oberheim was too expensive and not very reliable . Korg made systems as well , the MS-10, MS-20 , MS-50 , MS-16 AND SQ-10 sequencer along with the KORG KR-55 and KR-33 rhythm machines worked great . It was a fun time back then . Now with the analog modeling gear , they all work together through Midi . Roland released a box that they called the EF-303 groove effects which has a built in 16 step analog sequencer , now Guitar Center is selling them for $160.00 , atleast here in Atlanta . I can't even begin to tell you how much gear I bought and then sold . I sold all of the digital gear because it's just to boring , too bland , and not enough control . The analog Modeling gear though is another story . I feel like a kid in a cand store again . I go right past all the XV , XP , JV , FANTOM Roland stuff which is all the same , they have the same exact sound sets , just different effects and a few other features . Same for Korg , The Trinity , Triton , Karma , are the same . The only thing that seperates them is the Triton samples , and the Karma has that unique arpeggiator . Yamaha's CS-1X and CS-2X are just sample playback , only the AN-1X was analog modeling . They did have those AN-200 , DX-200 which were neat . Kawai has gone back to making home keyboards much like Casio . Other new great stuff is the Red Sound Dark Star , and Dark Star XP2 , Elektron Machine Drum .