Thanks "AD ROUW" and "Bill Norrie" for the advice. I had no idea about the foot controllers setting in the data protction window.I found the terminology quite puzzeling. Set it to "on" and the data will be ignored. So I set it to "off" and voila! my start/stop settings remained in the memory banks. When I load my "playout" disk I have 24 preset rhythms and sounds that I use with our "OLD FARTS" band(16 members) and I want to be at start/stop in all cases.
I'm thoroughly enjoying the kn2400 that I have just purchased and I don't mind the "wait" time of the disk drive. The sounds are vastly improved over my previous kn1400 especially the "human" voices.Ther is also much more output and I have had to lower the sound level of all my solo voices when I play with the band.
There is an overwhelming number of rock,soul, dancepop,danceclub rhythms that are just so much noise for my generation.I can use a total of 41 rhythms out of the 170 but thanks to "Technics 7000 and especially "JONNY GUNNARD'S" web site good foxtrots,waltz's, polka's,latin and stride rhythms are only a download away.
I give the kn2400 two thumbs up!