Diki, an accomplished, professional singer/vocalist can also produce the proximity effect effectively, with vocal control. And as far as stepping out in front of the keyboard and singing to the ladies, well, that's why it's called show biz. When I walked out on that stage and sat down at the keyboard, I often positioned myself and gear sideways so they could actually see me playing the keys. The headset mic made this much easier, again, because I was able to maintain eye contact with the entire audience without worrying where the hand-held mic was positioned. When I stepped away from the keyboard, and played "Fever" I snapped MY fingers in time with the music. I was putting on a show to entertain my audience, and that's why they were there - to be entertained.

Additionally, prior to a performance, I often gave a short explanation about the keyboard's ability to produce the sounds of various instruments, piano, guitar, trumpet, brass, strings, etc..., and gave them a quick demonstration of how they sounded. It made a big difference when you provided the audience with an education about the instrument you were playing. Granted, some didn't comprehend the information, but the vast majority did. They knew there was not a full orchestra on that stage, and for the most part, they didn't care, as long as they were being entertained.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)