I have always been fortunate in that I never needed to work a mic to improve or enhance my vocals. And, there was only one song where I actually walked away from the keyboard and walked through the audience singing - "Fever". I didn't use a midi file, but instead, just used a finger snap and the "A" variation of the Pink Panther style, which was primarily the bass and a finger snap in place of the drum kit. It was a neat style, and lent itself to the song very well. I just fired up the keyboard, hit a short intro, then left it playing in Am while I walked through the audience singing to the ladies. Didn't have to hit the E7 for the word "Fever", no one caught on, the ladies loved it and they were the ones that tended to keep my tip jar filled.

The freedom that a good headset mic offers provided me with the ability to play the keyboard and sing, while at the same time looking at audience members without worrying where the mic was positioned. The Crown CM-311A had a relatively small mic head, about the size of a quarter, and I sprayed the puff filter and boom of the mic skin tone color, which almost made it invisible to much of the audience.

I employed a wireless transmitter that fit into the belt box and was black, and about the size and shape of a 12 gauge shotgun shell. The receiver, at the time, was the size of a pack of cigarettes and hidden inside my custom console. Unfortunately, they stopped making that Samson Airline system, once in a while you will see one for sale on Ebay.

Now that I am fully retired from working in the musical entertainment field, I still find a few hours a week to play, which helps maintain what little sanity I still have.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)