The thing about a headset mic is, you live or die by how good and well set up your compressor is. There’s no ‘working the mic’…

Like Gary, I use an upstream mic processor (TC Helicon Perform VK) before I hit my BK-9’s mic in, but that’s because the only thing the Roland’s mic in had was a (non-editable) reverb with a mix knob. On the other hand, I think I’m better off with a processor from a company that specializes in vocal effects than something from a keyboard company that isn’t really a market leader in vocal effects.

But a headphone mic for being able to move around? I find it hard enough to convince the average audience that I’m actually playing anything real even if I stay at the keyboard. I’m pretty sure that belief in what you’re playing pretty much evaporates if you step away from the keyboard and the music keeps going!

I guess if you’re primarily billing yourself as a singer/entertainer, that loss of belief isn’t a big deal, they still SEE you singing everything. But if you want to be believed that you’re actually playing, I don’t think walking away from the keyboard while it keeps going without you is going to help. 🎹