@chas

B3 is getting pretty old too! Worth more than when it first came out! Wish I had held onto some of my old analogs, that Odyssey might buy me a car!

It seems difficult to predict what’s going to appreciate and what’s going to end up valueless, a lot depends on what future generations decide us ‘cool’ long after those that used it moved on to newer tech…

But even personally, I have got close to 15+ years out of each of my primary gigging arrangers, and plan on running the BK-9 until I pass on. And, if I sold my G70, I’d prefer to not have to give away an aging computer at the same time just so the new owner can edit styles!

I know you’re just joshing, but as times get tighter, fewer and fewer of us fossils that still use arrangers can afford to drop huge bucks on the latest tech, and the odds of anything in the far future being any good at the genres we like to play is slim. We all better start taking really good care of them, first Roland bail, I wonder who’s next? My money’s on Korg if the PA5x’s bugs don’t get squashed pretty quickly. Few pros are buying them if they can’t gig with them as is.

More and more, arrangers are complete rubbish doing modern genres, and way overpriced compared to things like the MODX+ etc.. The final days of the home organ market comes to mind watching what is happening to arrangers.